It was PICTURE DAY at the dance studio for the girls. Last night, each girl got their turn having their hair rolled in sponge rollers. Libbi probably ended up with about 25 and Abbi 35 rollers lol. They sleep in them like champs and didn't complain a bit! My wonderful husband let me sleep in this morning, so I finally got up around 9 am to jump in the shower myself then to start the process of finishing the girls hair and make-up before we headed off to the studio. With my box of make-up and glitter wonders and the girls costumes in tow, we headed off around 10:20 am. Abbi had company pictures at 10:30 am, then her Splish Splash jazz dance costume at 11:40 then I got Libbi ready in her elegant pink Boogie Woogie costume and tap shoes and the girls had "sibling pictures" made. Libbi's class pictures were at 12:40 pm and considering we spent almost 3 hours there, the girls had so much fun and were so well behaved! We finally got home around 2 pm and had lunch and waited for Daddy to get home from church. We were invited over to our friend's house to celebrate their daughter's first communion. We got there around 3:30 pm and stayed until almost 9....this couple has two kids, Conner is in kindergarten and Ashley in 2nd grade. Our kids love playing together and they were having such a great time. The adults (plus one of our friends parents) had a great time swapping stories. I had fully intended only to be there an hour or so, but we were all just having such a good time. I can't tell you how nice it was just to enjoy myself! They have a dog, and this dog wanted my attention, but wouldn't get close enough for me to touch...we tried all evening but just couldn't get him to get near. He licked my fingers and feet, but that's it. Of course he let my kids touch him lol. Kevin (the father) had his Dad and stepmother there and she was so sweet! Reminded me so much of my own mother.
Anyways, the pictures went well and should turn out very cute! The girls had bouncy, curly hair all day and when they had their cute costumes on looked like such little ladies! Many of the other Moms were in awe of how I could get their hair so bouncy and curly just with sponge rollers, many of them spent LOTS of money taking their daughter's to the salon only to have that expensive hairdo be flattened by the time they got to the studio. I too was very jealous of the girl's hair, especially Abbi's because it really was beautiful! It was hard to wash their hair tonight and watch the curls go away. In a few weeks, I'll do this all over again for their recital. I will not do their hair for the dress rehearsal, it's just too much since that is on a Wednesday night this year.
It was a beautiful, bright sunny day today, though a little on the chilly and windy side. Tomorrow is to get to 75 degrees though, and I will be home to enjoy it for a change! Dave will be home too, so we should have a nice family day! I do play at church tomorrow with the orchestra and that will be nice! We've started playing 2 pieces prior to the service with JUST the orchestra, and that's been nice. Most of the time these are a little challenging, so I like that. They also tend to have lots of flute or piccolo solos and you probably can figure out by now that I enjoy solos.
Well, I am going to head to bed early for a change. I decided to take a break and not do any band work tonight, even though I have to grade some papers and input daily grades from this past week. I'll get them in tomorrow night, no big deal.
2 comments:
I want Dave to scan the pictures of the girls looking so beautiful in their costumes and want you to email them to me please.
Nonnie
I want Dave to scan the pictures of the girls looking so beautiful in their costumes and want you to email them to me please.
Nonnie
Post a Comment