Sunday, April 20, 2008

Possible Job?!?!

Well, it sure is nice to have your supervisor in the same orchestra as you! This morning he asked me how I felt about teaching at a certain middle school within the district. HMMMMM, I said that sounded pretty good to me. he said the gal who has worked there two years is really not that great of a teacher and it has taken a long time to get her out of there, but it finally worked. SO, he will be sorting through some red tape as it relates to my status and we are both hopeful it will work out. It would be up to me to get the school band back on track (I so can do that) and then after a year go to that new middle school being built even closer to my house (and in a quite nice area).

Things are looking up, just have to get through a glitch in paperwork and this could be a done deal!

"Patience is a virtue"....I am a very patient person, I must be to have chosen education for my field of life dedication. While what I've been through at work this year is not very fun, and not knowing exactly where I will be employed next hasn't been very fun, and seeing my husband just in a mess about where the paycheck will come from...well....seems that everyone else has been uptight. I've had this peace about me and the situation and while I know part of it comes from my supervisor who is really a great guy, I am happy to say that my continued patience seems to be turning out in blossoms of opportunity. Not to mention that since I started playing with this orchestra, I have felt calmer and allowed myself to give over some of my worries and feelings of insecurities and uneasiness to the Lord. Now, don't think I have become this Bible preaching woman on you all, but something about playing in that group has grounded me pretty darn well and helped me just have faith that everything is going to be just fine and I will be a happier person because I've been patient and allowed things to work out in the way that the man upstairs has in his plan for me. Those who know me know I used to be the first to worry about everything, but this time I think my lack of worrying is worrying those who are used to seeing me in a tizzy. However, I just know in my heart without being able to explain that this entire job thing is going to be all right and that I am in fact being led to where I should be by someone else. Maybe my supervisor, maybe someone bigger than that. And if it means going through the crap I have been this year, having my faith in myself tested time and time again, and so much heartache and let down, then I'd do it again. I've not yet found my niche in the band world, though I feel it is not far off and not far away.

Really, if I look at in any other way then I will panic myself into a worry fit and that'd be a bad thing. Now all I want is the strength for those around me to be able to just rely on the same faith i feel that things will be ok and let me be for a bit and not push me to hire lawyers and so on. When I was going through my divorce twelve years ago, it was awful. I did not believe that things would be ok for several months, I thought my life as completely over and no one would ever love me again. But, I made it through that, even when I lost all hope and was ready to give up. I learned to be a fighter and to believe in myself so that others would. And, I have a wonderful man by my side today and two beautiful children. DO I dare say that I have learned to now accept and know when things are just going to be all right and not to worry?

Geeze, I sure jumped on top of my soapbox! I have the girls down for a nap, I have straightened up and am working on laundry. Isn't that odd that I always seem to sit down in here to check email or do work once laundry is going? Well, I need to go do some things. After basically spending the day with our friends yesterday instead of being here at home getting work done (I am so NOT complaining) I now must play catch up. It is 77 degrees outside and sunny as can be, once my girls wake up from their naps we are going outside! I told them they could put their swimsuits on and play in the water. I will be happy to spend some time out in the sun myself.

But...right now my housework calls.

No comments: