Dave left at 8:30 am this morning, and the girls and I have the entire day together! That's a tad unusual in this household! So far, it has been a great morning!
They are napping right now and I am taking a break from cleaning and straightening. This morning, they were writing books. Abbi wrote a book about Spring Break home with me and even drew pictures (so, so sweet). Libbi just put as many colors on a page as she could (praise God for washable markers! The kitchen table got colored some too in the effort to cover every inch of the paper). Then we ate lunch (sandwiches) and we had a pleasant time eating! No one needed coaxing to eat and all helped clean up as well! The girls even volunteered to sweep!
Then we ventured upstairs. Saturday mornings they always wake up and then play in their rooms as to give Dave and I extra time to sleep. Naturally, you know what the result of that is...EVERY toy out of it's storage spot and strewn across their rooms. So, we did Libbi's room quickly. She tends to not have nearly a mess in her room, I think that's because she mainly plays in Abbi's room though. Abbi doesn't really nap, so she will use this time to clean her room, and she is doing just that. When she's done, she'll crawl in her bed and read or such and often falls asleep for an our or so.
I've cleaned the kitchen, caught up on laundry, picked up the downstairs and will soon see what to do about dinner. I did manage to catch up on some of my sleep, and for the first time in a few weeks, I slept very soundly. Tomorrow morning I will play at church. We are going to play two special orchestra songs before the service, that's a bit exciting! Then lots of music during the song service part. It brings me such joy to play with this orchestra, it has been a blessing in what has been a turbulent few months at work. Having my own music to turn my focus too in the tough times has made it easier. Getting to be with people who really enjoy playing and are great people to be with has also helped. I have found I have really improved too! Amazing what regular playing will do for you!
:) I wish Dave was here with us today to enjoy the day. It was finally supposed to be sunny and 65 degrees, but instead it is cloudy and 52 degrees. I am hopeful the sun will come out before the end of the day so we can all go outside and soak some of it in! Tomorrow is supposed to be really nice! I plan on planting some flower bulbs around the tree in the front yard.
Well, my little break is up. I need to go do some more things with all this time I have on my hands today.
No comments:
Post a Comment