Dave mowed our lawn for the first time today. Yes, all of our plants and flowers made it through the teeny bit of frost we got yesterday morning. WHEW! Temps are back to normal. We have had a string of dry days, which is very good! The grass was finally dry enough to get cut. Of course I was away at orchestra when he did it, and it is past dark now so I can't really see how it looks. The weekend is supposed to be really nice so I should get the flowers planted.
I made something "new" for the family for dinner...enchiladas. I kept it simple and made some cheese and some meat/cheese. I did not put the enchilada sauce on top before baking because the girls I didn't think would go for it. IT WAS A HIT! Every last one was gone, even my picker eater Libbi ate an entire one and Abbi had two! Now, to play around with spices and get it just right, that's pretty simple to do and right up Dave's alley!
Whew, I am sleepy. I was out the door by 6:15 am because we had to be at work by 6:45 for metal detector search at school. However, when they were testing the units, a few would not work and they cancelled it...it did give me time to work on some things before classes began. These are always done as a surprise to the kids, and it takes a long time to get 1800 kids through the thing (they were just doing every 6th student, but now are going to do every student). We have to do them on a regular basis, but not every day. I was busy every second of the day today. I placed the order for the fundraiser the kids did, I confirmed on some of the awards I ordered last week, I worked more on the grade book transformation we've been asked to do (I am almost done), I entered grades for report cards today, I taught classes, and probably lots of other things too. I am happy to report that my list is getting smaller though of things to do. The next two weeks are fairly busy. Dave is going to Jonesboro tomorrow for work so I have to drop Libbi off at daycare. He'll be back by the end of the work day though. I have a meeting with the Ladies Auxiliary (Lady Knights basically) tomorrow night. Friday night I will put the girls hair in rollers for them to sleep in. They have their pictures Saturday at the dance studio in their costumes. How exciting!
The girls are good! I was helping Abbi with her homework and such last night, and the stuff they make them know in first grade is just phenomenal! Huge compound words, and they started FRACTIONS too?!?!?! Apparently we have to register Libbi for kindergarten next week. Such a strange thought. Libbi has finally mastered memorizing her birthday, address and phone number. Now, if I could get her to write her ABC's.
I am sleepy, so I am going to get a hot bath then go to bed. LONG DAY tomorrow, but not too bad.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment