Thursday, January 31, 2008

Downtown Memphis

Yep, Here I am, in downtown Memphis for the All West Band event. The guest director of the band I am chairperson of is a really neat guy and the kids are loving the music he chose. A few of us diretors hung out with him after practices this evening and it was nice! He is the Director of Bands at SE Missouri State Univ.

Go figure, I got very little sleep last night and was tired this morning, but I have all this energy this evening and am not so tired. I will get to sleep until 7 am, rehearsal starts again at 8:30 am.

Rehearsals are great, I have had the chance to get caught up on a lot of paperwork. If we can get the convention center to get us a cord that we can plug our laptops into (go figure, the room does not have a single regular electrical outlet, they have special convertors they use and the one they gave us does not seem to work), then I can catch up on LOTS of other things too!

The weather didn't get too icky for us last night...we did get some sleet. It looks like everything stayed north, AGAIN, that's always the case. It is staying to the north again this evening too.

Well, I think I am going to go crawl into one of these beds in here...they look so comfortable that perhaps it will make me tired. I am hopeful that tomorrow night Dave and the girls will come and stay the night, but they may not. Not sure and will find out tomorrow if he is up to bringing them

NIGHT!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go Jennie. Someday your blog will be a memory for your kids when they are old enough to appreciate it.

Nonnie