Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I am in Heaven!

I had my first rehearsal this evening with the new church orcehstra I was invited to play with, and WOW! I am in love. Let me tell you, THIS is the the kind of music I love, it is powerful, yet beautiful...and some of it is pretty tough stuff! I begin performing with them at services this weekend. In just a single evening, I made several REALLY good contacts! One was with a man who does the repair for hte instruments at my school specifically (in my district, there is a district run repair shop so I put an order in for inst. to be picked up, a driver comes to get them (sometimes within 5 months!!!!) and I never talk to or see the repair tech). SO nice to meet him and speak with him, and he will be working at home on my flute, it needs a few corks replaced. I also possibly hired two people for my staff at school, to teach sectionals.

I really did love the music, it is a top rate group. We looked at a few of the pieces that we will be doing as part of the Passion Play that runs from Feb 25-March 4...pretty big deal (similar to the Singing Christmas Tree performance I took Abbi to) and I am just amazed that churches are alloed to play such great stuff! Mine sure is not, but that is ok.

The next two days I will spend at All West Jazz Band while 2 two of my students participate. I bascially just sit there and watch or do whatever I want. If we have students who make the groups, we must attend. I use this as a time for me to catch up on school/computer work. I won't have access to the internet while there, but there is PLENTY that can occupy my time and get me far ahead of where I need to be.

Now, the not so great part of my day...Abbi was sent to the Principal's office today for spitting on another student. I am not pleased...at her or the school. Apparently, yesterday she spit on the floor of the cafeteria and was sent to the Principal's office and told if she kept up the undesirable behavior, she would be sent back. Well, the ONLY thing her conduct book said yesterday was that she got an "S" or satisfactory. The teacher made absolutely no reference to the events of yesterday and should have. Now, do not get me wrong, I firmly believe my child did as they said, and she has owned up to it, but for her to get a referral without me having any advance notice there was a problem, well....that does not seem right. I will be calling the school tomorrow. Dave seems to think something changed when she was sent home with lice, because from that point on, her behavior has changed for the worse. It makes us wonder if she was made to feel different or awkward or if she was looked at differently from that point on by the teacher. My child did NOT introduce lice to the class....another student had it prior. Abbi will not open up a lot about why her behavior has gotten worse. I wish I knew why. She has had all of her privileges taken away for a week (no playing outside, no tv in her room, no snacks, etc) and I made her write out apology letters to the student, the teacher and the principal.

Time will tell if her punishments help improve the behavior, I sure hope so. I have no idea where all this is coming from. We also are going to try putting her to bed even earlier, perhaps she is not getting enough sleep/ We need to find what WILL work for her, or she will continue this unappealing behavior which I refuse to stand for. Dave nor I spit EVER, and condone it. She would only see it at school. But to have her spit on another child's face....I just cannot figure it out.

Time will tell. Lord help me (and Abbi).

I need to head to bed.

No comments: