I should be dead tired, but I am not. I have finished all the work I needed to do for today and also worked on plans for classes for the next 3 weeks. In other words, I am WAY ahead in the work department! Now if only I could get tired. It was actually nice to go back to work. Students were glad to see me, I was glad to see them and the semester is well on it's way! Only a few students needing schedule changes, but I expect those to be taken care of fairly quickly! I only work through Wed this week and spend Thursday and Friday at ALL WEST Jazz band clinic where 2 of my students are taking part. I will have time then to do school work as well. IF my student makes ALL STATE Jazz, I will be able to attend the All State Music Ed convention again, and this year they have offered attendance at certain aspects of the clinic for college credit! Those that know me know I have absolutely no desire to get my Master's degree...but a few easy courses that I get credit for to renew my license in several years may be helpful!
Now that I have lost you completely probably.
The girls both had great returns to school as well! Abbi had top behavior and Libbi did not have any accidents! WHEW! They were so cute this evening...Dave was grilling dinner and I was in the kitchen getting the rest ready and they turned on Disney Channel Noggin and sat for 30 minutes quiet as mice watching! THEY GOT ALONG WITH EACH OTHER!!!!! They must be going through growth spurts as well, that or school didn't feed them (they did) because they ate so well at dinner!
I finally got an appointment to get the girls and my hair cut tomorrow night...we are long overdue. Abbi is growing out half of her bangs, but the shorter ones are past her eyebrows so they need cut. The longer ones are bugging her, and we are trying to find stretchy headbands that will not come off her head. Just a few more months and the hair will be behind her ears so that will be nice! Libbi will finally get her hair all trimmed (her bangs ALL have grown out and are way past the awkward stage YAY).
It got to 72 degrees here today, IT IS JANUARY!!!!! Wow, I bet it snows next week.
OK, I need to head offa here and try to get sleep. 6 am comes pretty early, in just over 6 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment