Yes, you read that right, Jennie got a nap today. That is highly unusual! After church, we had lunch here at home and got the girls down for a nap. I was simply trying to get warm and laid on my bed under my blanket....only to wake up 2.5 hours later!
WOW, guess I needed to rest. I feel great now though. This sinus infection is NOT getting me down too much and I am fighting tooth and nail, along with the antibiotics, to conquer it!
Trivia Night was a success, the kid's sale at church was a success (we probably made well over $300), and it was nice to have a weekend devoted to my family and Dave.
We did have some "freezing fog" yesterday morning, but luckily we did not have to get out and drive on what seemed to be slippery roads until after it got above freezing. Apparently today it got to 58 degrees once the sun came out, but when I laid down for my nap it was only 40 degrees and then when I woke up it was dark already so it was cold again lol. I missed a warm-up and sunshine! It was cold and cloudy until after about 1 pm.
Dave and I teamed up to cook "breakfast" for dinner. Since I slept so long we couldn't really take anything out of the freezer to do, and it was too dark outside to grill, so we made do with what we had. This is becoming a tradition lol, I remember my family doing that on Sundays for dinner....Dad making the scrambled eggs, and so forth. After dinner, Dave took off for the store and I finally folded about 6 baskets of clean laundry. Again, I have no problem getting the laundry clean, but folding it is another story.
I really enjoyed the weekend. I will work 3 days this week, then head downtown for the All West Band clinics for Thursday-Saturday.
Well...not much else to type. Girls are good and have been getting along great (EXCEPT for in the van they have been fighting over the dvd player remote control...so they have NOT watched the thing a lot). I am hopeful I can fall asleep tonight after all the sleep I have managed to get this weekend.
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment