Yep....Abbi had her first choreography session tonight with the adult choir/other stage children for the PASSION PLAY. WOW, that word alone can barely describe what it felt like to see my child up on the stage with about 50 other people who were also learning the dance moves for the first time...AND SHE DID GREAT! The poor girl's arms must hurt...in the finale, they will be holding crowns while doing choreography and using it as a prop. Most of the time their arms are stretched out or up or moving while holding this crown. There will be a LOT of people, so they cannot do any intricate moves lol. Not to mention some of the choir members are "old farts" lol. (did I just say that??? I mean it in the nicest of ways and endearingly). They do not expect the little kids to sing the music, but something tells me they will know it well and sing right along with the 6 part adults!!!! I understand they wear white costumes in the finale, and hold crowns, and was instructed to buy her about 6 pairs of tall white socks. No white socks means NOT allowed on stage (they run a tight ship, good to see!).
Abbi loved it...perhaps my little girl has some Thespian in her?? My theater co-worker at school will be glad to hear that. She had no problem being with complete strangers and I was in awe of how focused she was! Libbi on the other hand (she is too young still to be in the play) was a bit of a pain in the neck. She was making noise, running all over (though seriously not getting into anything, whew..one relief since the church seats over 6000 people). Dave had a meeting tonight so I had to take her with me and Abbi.
I understand that they will be putting the dance moves online with the music so the little ones can practice it at home, wow...how high tech!!!! It is starting to sink in, my Abbi will be onstage performing while I play my flute in the orchestra, OMGOSH...the Zwissler vontrapp family of musicians!!!! I just had to say that...and imagine next year when Libbi is old enough if she too does the Singing Christmas Tree of Passion Play. Nope, we still won't see Dave participating.
In all seriousness, I really feel that musically, I have my place in this world. I also am finding myself a bit comfortable with the way the preacher preaches, and the messages he sends forth...I just plain GET IT. It is so simple to grasp the things he speaks of and how it is all related and referenced to the Bible, and I can tell you what each sermon I have already heard is about. Don't get me wrong, I will ALWAYS be Catholic, but something is making a connection in my head with this new place and it just feels right. At my own church, everyone knows who I am, they all recognize me..but here at the new place...I am just one small fish in an awful huge sea. In a way, I like where everyone knew me and I was the "star, and my gift was so readily heard and unique and not marred or hidden by other instruments. BUT, the joy in the music I now play, and the energy and compassion the other members have for it (choir and orchestra), well...it's worth not being in the spotlight. Sure, I get little solos, but it's not all about Jennie, the flutist anymore. I am confident that my new dream of playing a solo in that big church on that big huge altar (stage) will come true in the near future, I just sense it.
Since joining this group, there has been a peace about me. I do not wish to "become Baptist" but why does it all just make such better sense now? Can I still be Catholic and believe the things I do that make me Catholic and at the same time be Baptist???? Is that possible? Or is this something where I can have the best of both worlds? The two things I do not question are Jesus and God, because they are both the same no matter what religion! So much is indeed the same, just the method of delivery and teaching is a bit different. Maybe it is possible...Trust me though, I am questioning, but I am in no way torn.
I'm sorry, I have gone off on a tangent, a BIG tangent. But humor me, it has been a long time since I had a true passion about something that I do for myself!
Well, the band has a parade tomorrow and it is supposed to pour rain all day. I am pretty sure they will accommodate us and let us perform inside, for some weird reason I really want my kids to do this performance!
I joined the BIGGEST LOSER teacher club at school again. I did it last year and lost all that weight (but didn't win) and while I wasn't going to do it this year (simply because the check-in room is at the opposite end of the school and I have absolutely no free time to go weight in even) a co-worker talked me into it. I have not done a good job since the end of marching season. I've done better lately, but not good enough and I need the simple motivation of a weigh-in each week. Plus, winning $$$ too would be nice. I am not happy with taking a step backwards in this process, but I will quickly be right back on track. PRAY FOR ME!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment