Saturday, January 19, 2008

Pure Bliss (almost)

What a wonderful day so far! My girls slept until 8:30 am, which means Dave and I got some much needed sleep! Oh how wonderful that was and I feel so much better!

I've spent the day so far cleaning, sweeping, vacuuming, going through the girls clothes to clear everything out that doesn't fit and re-arrange/straighten their dresser drawers. I even had them try on their shoes to make sure what fits stays and what doesn't goes. They cleaned their rooms while I went through their clothes. A whole garbage bag full of Libbi's too small clothes is set aside for the big sale at church next week. I must admit...all I told them to get them motivated to clean their rooms today, was that once we finished, I would let them run/push the vacuum cleaner. AMAZING, it worked like a charm and they loved helping. I even managed to get them to sweep their bathroom floor! I guess I picked a great day to clean the house lol! Tomorrow we will tackle clearing the old toys. Please Lord, grant Dave and I the strength to over-rule the girls in their quest to KEEP EVERYTHING lol. Dave and I went in the attic and we glanced at all of the things we'll be sending to church for the children's sale, and it is a little sad...the girls' crib, their high chair, the bassinet, their little ride-on toys, and the 6-8 tubs full of clothes we have left that did not sell at last year's sale. It is amazing the things you collect in raising children! The attic is going to have a good deal of empty space! It makes me a little sad because my girls are growing up so fast. I know their cooperation today was very special, I mean how often can I get BOTH of them to go along with my cleaning the house plan? Usually I am not very successful, plus I know as they get older and more resistant it could well become a bigger battle.

OH WELL. Dave and I are going to work the wine tasting event at church tonight. He was going to go alone, but he asked if I wanted to go and I said yes. I loved working it last year, and good for me I don't drink wine lol. I didn't even know it was this weekend. However, I was quite good at arranging the fruit and cheese and other things on the plates that were served between rounds.

The girls are napping now, I decided to sit down and of course I put the Hallmark channel on and am watching some sad movie. Odd to think with everything I have accomplished today that it is only 3:20 pm, AND I did not get out of bed until about 9:30. I have about two hours until we will leave for church.

It is so cold here, the high only 31 degrees. You know it's cold when you take a shower and have the water on all the way HOT, yet by the time it travels through all the piping to get to our bathroom it is only quite warm instead of nice and hot. Trust me, our water heater is not set too low either.

Well, I want to watch the end of this movie before I go finish making dinner and straighten my hair for tonight.

:)

No comments: