I have been busy all afternoon/evening working on things for work, but took a little break to borrow this from a friend's blog.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
climbed a mountain to a waterfall, white water rafted, dieted
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes....I vowed to eat healthier and lose weight...which I did! I will keep the same one as I still have weight left to drop!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister had Austin, her first, on Feb 14
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year
5. What countries did you visit?
Does Colorado count as a country? (it did to me since I'd never been anywhere like that)
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Free time, MORE $
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
no dates really stand out to me
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I have a few:
1-having my band win several awards in the areas of visual and effect in marching contests
2-getting on the back of a horse again and galloping across an arena, then going on a LONG trail ride through the mountains. I had all but given up this after leaving my sport of riding and showing horses in 2000 when I got pregnant with Abbi then moved here. SHHH...do not tell my doctors as I am not supposed to be riding as it was a riding injury that helped start the whole illness issues!
3-being asked to join the Bellevue Church Orchestra (I have not yet started though, I will this week)
4-Losing 55 pounds
9. What was your biggest failure?
Putting on 7 pounds after marching season ended
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, I was on medication for 7 months after my pulmoary embolism/blood clots in late 2006, but came off the blood thinners in March. I also had surgery in July, a tubal ligation and ablation...to take care of some female problems and help with my orders to never get pregnant again (it could kill me after my embolism and subsequent issues).
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Gosh, I am not sure! But going down several jeans sizes and putting those new ones on and having them fit sure may count as the best thing I bought!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
not sure
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I don't like this question...I abstain because I could go on a good, long while about this.
14. Where did most of your money go?
My children and new clothes to fit my shrinking figure.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
my trip to Colorado
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Songs of Sailor and Sea (band music from the marching show lol)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? kind of in between. Sadder with work issues, but happier with life issues
b) thinner or fatter? THINNER!!!!
c) richer or poorer? depends on what you are talking.....richer for watching my children grow, but poorer $wise
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Relaxing, spent more time with my girls and husband and friends
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
work and worry
20. How did you spend Christmas?
we went to 5 pm Mass on Christmas Eve with the family, had some friends over to the house for pizza afterwards, I went to sing and play handbells at midnight Mass, came home to play Santa, woke up Christmas mornign with the family and had an awesome time opening gifts with Dave and the girls, then lounged around all day until going to a friend's house for dinner. It was the first time we were home in TN the whole holiday!
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I fell in love with a thinner me and how good it felt to have others notice and compliment what I had already begun to feel.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Deal or No Deal
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I do strongly dislike someone (which is not in my nature), but I refuse to say who in this public place (it is not family or friends lol)
24. What was the best book you read?
I couldn't tell you...I really do not read much since I am so busy. I do read People magazine, Guideposts and Soap Opera Digest in the bath tub each week...does that count?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
This isn't the question to ask a band director...so to spare you, I will not answer!
26. What did you want and get?
more angel playing flute figurines, plus a SUPRISE of a day at the spa (which I've not cashed in on yet)
27. What did you want and not get?
an iphone (lol) or wii system
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I have only seen about 3 movies this year...the best one was Enchanted! So brainless and just pure fun. If life really could be like that!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 36 and I think we went out to dinner...but I can't remember.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More time with my children.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Getting better! Since I am losing weight I am dressing a bit trendier, clothes are snugger and look better on me!
32. What kept you sane?
my husband, wiping all my tears of desperation and frustration with my job and just everything.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Oh gosh....not really any. I am too busy to fancy anyone.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I stay out of politics
35. Who did you miss?
My mother.....I wish she was still alive to swap stories of my girls and life
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Amy...one of the art teachers at school.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Sometimes life gives you lemons and you MUST learn to make lemonade instead of wallowing in self doubt that others are trying to place on you.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
oh man.....I need to think on this one!
No comments:
Post a Comment