Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Nothing huge to talk about lol

I am just about to head to bed here, and felt compelled to come type a few updates. Not that there is a lot to type about. It is so cold here! Currently 25 degrees and wind chills below that. Our house stays pretty cold (we keep it that way), so I am all bundled up. I LOVE sleeping under lots of blankets, though it is hard to actually get out of bed in the morning, even though we have the thermostat set to be warmest at 6-7 am while we get ready for work. STILL, these are the kind of days that are made for staying under lots of covers and not going to work. YES< I went to work today and will tomorrow too.

I am watching a show on the Food Network on wedding cakes, really interesting! Good thing there is no cake here...when it is cold, I just want to eat. I keep it ALL away...I have dropped three pounds now since Jan. 1...WHEN IS WINTER OVER????

It has been good to be back to work this week, it really has. I decided no the concert festival contest music and have been focusing on it. The kids LOVE it and if I can keep them on this current path, I really think they have a good shot at finally earning that superior rating! I have thrown myself into work and the results have been amazing for the way I feel and for the students. It's weird how much better they are responding and there have been so many wonderful teaching/learning moments this week! Why can't my evaluations be in classes like I have had THIS week? I do have my last evaluation tomorrow, during my percussion class. I will be glad to get it over with. This principal can be a bit tough too, but she does not make me nervous. I will be working with the class on one of the contest songs, teaching them their parts. Then just a few more little paperwork things and the entire process will be over for the year. It is so much paperwork, starting on my master's degree ALMOST sounds more appealing lol. I AM KIDDING, i have no desire to go back to school, though I am looking into some seminars that will help me while earning me some credits towards my Masters. There is a really good Brass workshop this summer that my supervisor has suggested I go to to really learn more about Brass. Me, I would LOVE to attend instrument repair workshops and classes.

ANYWAYS, that is a long way off. Really a bit too far ahead for me to think right now while trying to stay on top of NOW.

Two nights in a row I made dinner at home and we ate as a family...WHOO HOO! I then sat and went over all of Abbi's school work and homework with her...she got her first failing grade last week on a vocab quiz. It really is hard to make it all work...my job, dinner, the house, the girls, but in not doing so last week....I (and Dave too) helped my daughter fail a quiz. Even though I was gone each evening and rarely saw her...I did not ensure that she stayed on top of her studies. I felt like I betrayed her. Abbi's behavior has really improved this week though and Libbi has surprised us and had no accidents in well over a week now! Now, if I could find time to fold clothes! I had to instead work a few hours this evening on some work (grading practice logs, grading music class vocab, entering attendance online, and a few bookkeeping things with the $ I am collecting from students for the concert season fees. I have about 1.5 hours for planning time at school before lunch,then I have about 45 minutes at the end of the day in which I can "work" at my desk while the guard class works on their own. This is NOWHERE near enough time though, it is amazing how much time a lot of the little thing we are required to do takes! It is not bad, but I really am constantly busy and lately have had to bring "desk work" home to do in the evenings. I am NOT complaining, at least at home it is quiet and there are no students.

Funny thing is..this is not bothering me. I've decided that working hard and seeing positive results from my students is worth everything. I do wish a lot was different with more parental help, but I can either gripe about it or do something about it myself. You guessed what I chose!

This coming weekend seems to be a little calm. Of course I have to play with the Orchestra, but that is Sunday.

I have 17 teams registered for Trivia Night..yeah, I am in charge of that too for my own church! This really takes next to no time since I am so used to doing it!

Well, I suppose I should head on to bed. My warm bed and soft blankets await! I hope to have time to fold 5 baskets of laundry tomorrow night between ballet and orchestra. At least I am almost caught up on laundry.

GOODNIGHT!

No comments: