Saturday, February 2, 2008

HOME

Yes, I returned home this afternoon..to my wonderful family and what I think is my house (lol, just kidding).

The performances today went well. I was blessed enough to sleep in some, then to also get an extended check-out so that I didn't have to load my car and checkout before the performances. Instead, I was able to go after the performances and change my clothes for a comfy drive home.

Last night, everyone connected with working on this weekend was taken out to dinner to Texas De Brazil. They bring out many cuts of meats that have been cooked on long skewers and you have a card to flip if you want it or not. I have been two times before, both times as a treat where I did not have to pay. Good thing, it sure isn't cheap! I sat with the director I have worked with all weekend and one of the other directors for another of the bands then with some colleagues from nearby schools. It was a wonderful evening, we ate so much THEN they told us to get dessert too, once again on them. I had carrot cake that was to DIE for. I also got to try the cheesecake...yum.

It is weekends like this that reaffirms why I do what I do. Sure, I'd love to have my own band room full of kids like the ones I got this weekend (the best and top players from this side of teh state), but reality is that none of us has it and if we can just keep pluggin away and sharing our love of music with these kids, then even having a handful that "get it" is all worth it.

I learend a lot from my conductor, he is amazing and from the sounds of everything he does, it is amazing he sleeps! He was so nice and acknowledged me at the performance to the audience...just an all around really great person! I am now more than ready to go back to my own group and keep pushing them to be the very best they can be.

So, ice the other morning and 63 degrees today! Memphis weather, how crazy! It is supposed to be near 70 by Tuesday. We did spend a little bit of time outside talking to neighbors while the girls played. Not sure when the last time was that I was outside longer than to go from my car to a building lol.

Dave and the girls did not make it downtown last night. I wish they would have. After I got back from the dinner, I was quite bored. I seem to lately be getting a burst of energy late evening, and last night was no different. Maybe next year they'll come down. But, the time alone was nice as well. Did I mention that I LOVED the bed? I want one. Marriots have such cool beds.

Dave and Abbi went to do the grocery shopping. Libbi was very whiney this evening and there was no way I was going to shop with her being like that. She is actually already in bed....I put her Hello Kitty sheets on the bed and she was begging me to go to sleep. How funny is that? Now, it is again very quiet. I am watching the tail end of FATHER OF THE BRIDE. Did you know that this year is Dave's and My 10th wedding anniversry...yep, on June 20th. I can hardly believe I have had him by my side for ten years! Well, 12 years if you count the time we dated.

Where does the time go? We now have two beautiful daughters...one in first grade and the other on her way to starting kindergarten. I want it to all slow down, so many things are so good. Even with a few bad moments in life, it really is good. I have lately been a little sad that I cannot have more babies, had I still been able to, I have a feeling that we'd have been working hard on that. I never wanted more than two children, if the truth be known, but I could have been swayed to three haha. But with the health crises thrown my way and the need to not further our family due to it, all I can do is wonder....what if. Don't worry, it is all good. I have my Abbi and Libbi and they are the light of my life (and Dave's too).

WOW...Father of the Bride 2 is on now. Hm, I like this movie as well! My bathtub is calling me (the hotel room was great, but of course nothing so far has topped my own bathtub here at home) to visit it soon! A nice soak in some hot bubbles....pure heaven (almost).

We went through all the "leftovers" this afternoon of the clothes that did not sell at the church sale a few weeks ago. We decided to sort through them and send some to Goodwill and the others pack up for the sale next year. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that a lot of the clothes actually did sell! We now have just 2.5 tubs of clothes left for next year and a huge, huge bag that will be off to donation land. Now, if we can get the office cleaned and organized I'll really be happy!

No comments: