Yes, we had school today as normal. However, the kids were anything but normal...they were so wound up!
I had my last evaluation post conference and it went very well! I was surprised because this principal can be TOUGH. She said I did impress her and that my areas of weaknesses in that lesson I addressed on my reflecting sheet and so it was clear I knew what worked and what did not. YAY! Now, the last part is for me to be scored overall in several categories and be ranked C, B, A...A being the "worst". I am not sure when I will get that, but I have been told they must have the paperwork in by Feb. 15 so it should be soon. In the past, I got NO low marks, but those principals were not as tough...we shall see for this year. Enough about that!
My supervisor let me order about $1500 worth of "stuff" for me today, including a director's chair, which will allow me to not have to stand, and be off the bad leg, as well as a shelf for my music stand to hold excess music, and another level to my podium, to put me higher up (with a safety bar of course so I do not fall off the back lol). I will be so excited to have this come in!
He also has given me the go-ahead to order music for my jazz band. So many of the pieces are incomplete and it limits what we can play. Apparently, there is a good deal of $$$$ that he is willing to spend on teacher's and schools who really show true concern and need without being frivolous. It also helps that my supervisor and I both play in the church orchestra together as our "escape from work" and it gives us lots of time to chat and it's really good! He really is a great guy and cares so much for all of us teachers!
Dave and I have furiously been preparing for the children's clothing consignment sale at church, tonight I priced the last of the clothes, I THOUGHT it was all done but Dave found another tub he overlooked. It is amazing all the stuff! I am anxious to go upstairs and see how empty that attic is! It's also amazing how many clothes the girls had! As they grow older, that number does decrease...but WOW. We should make some nice money on this! I for one will be happy to get my living room back!
I've also been in charge of registering teams for our group's Trivia Night this coming Saturday. teams have 6 people on them and I have registered 41 teams as of right now. Don't ask me how in the heck I have time to do all of this, but somehow I do and I love doing it! My phone should be quiet for the evening, but I do expect more teams to trickle in the next few days.
I slept pretty bad last night, probably because I slept until about 11:30 am yesterday being off school. Hopefully I sleep better tonight!
Well, a hot bath is a callin' my name right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment