So, I teach all day and then at 2 pm when they read the announcements, they say all the sports practices and games were being cancelled in the entire area due to weather. When I went to work at 6:30 am, there was a 20% chance of some "ice pellets" and only 30 degree temps. Well, around noon, winter storm advisory was put out. Of course, my classroom has no windows and even on the two treks I took to the main office, I didn't cross by a window LOL.
I got my work done after school and headed up to church to get some things for Trivia Night tomorrow night....just cold and a few raindrops is all I found. Of course once getting to church , the big sale was going on that we had a LOT of stuff in to sell. I got the stuff I needed to pick up, then of course went into the sale. Ran into several friends who were working and chatted a bit then browsed in the clothes for my girl's sizes. Found lots of great stuff and put it on hold since I knew Dave and the girls and I would be going back up to church later in the evening.
When we returned to church later, Dave and I walked around and saw that almost ALL of our "baby gear" had sold (high chair, bouncers, bikes, etc.) It is too hard right now to see how many of the clothes have sold...but the check we'll be getting back is already over $200!!!! YAHOO! And no, I didn't spend it all right back. I aimed to spend just 40 bucks, and that's all I spent. I bought the girls several outfits and dresses.
ANYWAYS, no ice, no snow, no flurry, NOTHING. How utterly boring! However, it has been so cold lately and warmer temps will be here soon...I am ready!
My antibiotics seem to be working, somewhat. I was VERY tired this morning and probably should have stayed home. But I needed to go work the marching band music with the kids that they are performing Tuesday. So, I get to my 3rd period Jazz Band class and a MONSTER headache comes on that has me cringing when my students played...ACK! OK, I am happy to report that my prescription Motrin saved me!!!! By the marching band part of the day 5th period, I felt considerably better! A few sneezes and runny nose later, and I still know it could be a lot worse! Right now, I am wide awake and feeling fairly decent. Probably because I know I am able to sleep in tomorrow!
Abbi lost ANOTHER TOOTH today, her forth. This one was the first one on the top she has lost and boy she looks funny now! She sounds strange and giggles at herself when she talks. The tooth fairy will dig in her pockets again and become her sneaky self! Abbi was so cute explaining to Libbi about the tooth fairy having piles of "good, clean teeth" and "yucky, dirty teeth" and that $ is only left for the clean teeth so they have to make sure to always brush their teeth. HOW CUTE is that? They had a nice evening of getting along with each other, I was pleased! Libbi found an elephant cup EXACTLY like the one Aunt Nicki lets her use when we are in Ohio, so now there is an Ohio elephant cup and a TN elephant cup lol. Libbi completely adores her Aunt Nicki so this makes her think of her :)
Trivia Night is tomorrow....YAHOO! I love being in charge of it, but I also love when it is OVER! I have 46 teams registered. It'll be a full house, after we transform the gym from the sale to the trivia night lol! Dave and I will get up to church around noon and get to work!
Some exciting news....22 of my students were selected to attend the Grammy Foundation Career Day being held at the University of Memphis in February, the most of any school that submitted applicants.
Some sneaky news....our church group has monthly social nights, and we wanted to trick Dave. See, he turned 40 in Dec and told me not to bother with a party or anything. So, I didn't, but that didn't stop me and our friends from deciding a party was needed anyways. By waiting until FEB it will throw him for quite the loop. I'm getting a cake and we'll just fuss all about it when we get there lol! My friends, I mean COHORTS IN CRIME, will help plan the rest.
I am starting to ramble, so I am going to just stop typing now. Darn ice and snow....I WANT A WINTER STORM. Instead we will have 60 degree temps by Tuesday.
NIGHT.
No comments:
Post a Comment