Last night, I started having some pain in my ear and just did not feel all that well. I had the sore throat and a few sneezes, and after enduring work today, I stopped by my doctor's office. Turns out I have a sinus infection, but at the very beginning stage. So, he gave me a ZPack of antibiotics and I should feel pretty good soon. I hope I am spared the worst of the progression of this! My ear does still hurt, but things could certainly be worse.
My friend Renee from Ohio is in labor right now with her first baby, pretty exciting I can imagine! She did not find out if it is a boy or girl, just like we did with our first.
The marching band was asked to perform in a parade on Tuesday next week for the National Sports Forum Convention being held in Memphis. My supervisor only picked one band in all of Memphis, and he selected my group! We'll play some sporty tunes and do our job and come back, shouldn't be too "painful" lol. It is supposed to be a lot warmer than recently.
The other good news is that Abbi has been chosen to be a part of the Passion Play that the orchestra I am in plays for at the church. I took Abbi with me to practice last night and one of the music director's was there and saw her and told me she had to be in the play! She will be in with several other children, and participate in 7 scenes...a costume, some simple dance moves and she is more than excited to be on that huge stage! I will take her next Monday to her first rehearsal. Each child on the stage is assigned an adult, so she'll be put with someone who she will be near at all times. There are 6 performances. I'll play at each one, and then once they see how many kids sign up, they may have to divide them into teams and split the performances. Abbi is just beside herself! Libbi is too young, but maybe next year.
We played through over half of the music for the Passion Play last night, and WHOAH...I love it! This will be broadcast on tv at some point.
I am happy to report that we emptied or living room of all of the stuff for the sale up at church...WOW, 2 van loads full of stuff! It was nice to get our space back here though.
Well, I am off to soak in the tub for a bit then bed to try and feel better.
No comments:
Post a Comment