Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back to work/school

We've returned to our daily lives. Spring break was great, but of course entirely too short.

There are just 41 days of school left (days actually AT school), that does not seem too bad after all. I still love my job but WOW are some of the kids nutty and annoying!

Got some interesting news yesterday too. Apparently there is a rumor going around the band I used to teach that I will be going back to teach. The current director is leaving after this school year. WOW...at no time have I ever said I'd go back, in fact I have already committed to returning to my current school. I am curious as to who started it and why. The person that told me what was being said and flat out asked me if it was true or not I told her I was shocked to hear that and that I was not going back. The administration is still there that caused me so much grief, why would I go back to that? Why would he even ask me to go back if he hated me so much?

Anyways, if you are one of the band people who reads my site here....let me make it clear, I am NOT going back next year. I have put my family first and love this job where when I leave at 4:30, I really get to leave and go home to my life. Just wanted to make that clear. When and if the day came that I was asked to go back or wanted to go back, I'd be very open about it.

SOOOOOO...I saw the neatest thing yesterday driving home from work, it made me cry. I managed to get behind a funeral procession (of cars). There were two motorcycle police that would stop traffic and let them pass through lights or stop signs. Then, they turned into the Memorial Gardens (which I pass to go home) and the officers were off their bikes and saluting all the cars in the procession, all the way through the very last one which was in front of me. The tears welled up and that lump formed in my throat.....it was a very simple, yet such a meaningful gesture from complete strangers. There is still some hope left in America It moved me.

Girls are doing well. Dave left several hours ago for Chicago. He is only driving halfway tonight. He drove because he is transporting a substance to a plant up there where he is going to show them how to apply it to their product and make tweaks. To ship the substance costs a lot of extra because of the type it is. He has driven through rain pretty much the entire way.

I sat with Libbi this evening and we finished all her homework for the entire week, SUCH a relief. She has a little each night to do....a back/front sheet that has things for each day that you can basically do at your own pace. With Dave being gone the rest of the week I certainly want to get as much done as possible when I can. The girls are asleep on the floor in my room tonight. Storms are expected off and on all night.

This facebook stuff has me enthralled! I am finding people I forgot I knew! It's just amazing.

Not much more to say tonight.

:)

No comments: