Sunday, March 1, 2009

SNOW pictures

This picture was taken about 8:45 am this morning, on our journey out after the snowstorm. Everything was still all covered in white and so pretty! I made the girls wait to run around and "disturb" it all until after I had taken some pictures. I did use our digital camera too but have not uploaded those pics yet. This was from my phone so it is not great due to the position of the sun. The sun really warmed up the street and roof so a lot of melting did occur. The roads were just wet and drying all afternoon so we did escape to the store around 5 pm. The girls had fun playing in the snow and one of the neighbors hooked up a rope/sled to his 4 Wheeler and was taking all the kids for "sled rides" on the street while it was still all covered in ice/snow this morning. Libbi opted to watch that from inside the warm house, but Abbi got a few rides and LOVED it! Later in the afternoon the girls went out to go play with some friends up the street and had snowball wars with each other. They came home all wet and with red faces, fingers and toes and of course were freezing! I have done 2 loads of wet clothes laundry today, but I will not complain as this is so rare it is too fun not to pass it up!

SO, I have spent the afternoon getting things ready to be gone for 4-6 days. Irene's visitation and funeral service will be Wednesday, so Dave and I will travel Tuesday night or very early Wednesday morning to Columbus. The girls will be staying with a neighbor. She offered to keep them both and she lives next door so we felt they would benefit by staying home and being in school still. Laundry is about caught up, we are working on things for the girls for school too. Libbi just happens to be the Star of the Week at school this coming week and that involves several things....a poster all about her, a show and tell day, a guessing jar game we had to buy candy for, etc. Dave is frantically finding good pics to print off and we bought the posterboard and stickers today. Tomorrow night we will work on the poster. It is fun actually seeing pictures of her that I haven't seen in years....MY BABY!!!!


This picture was taken last night at church. After all the private ceremonies he held for the new Knight's, they went over to Mass. The girls and I did not join him for that because we needed to stay behind and finish getting the dinner and hall ready for the banquet. The snow caused several of our servers to not be able to come so I had to help until the last minute that I was able to change and sit down to eat with Dave at the banquet. However, who can pass up a man in a tux with the full regalia and feathers??? I know people got more pictures of him at the Mass, so I hope to get some better ones of him to put on here. But to have my 3 favorite people all in one shot....priceless! I will probably wait to do a post about the whole event later on our drive to Columbus (9 hour trip one way).
LOTS to do still so I need to end this for now.

No comments: