We woke to lots of sunshine and warm temperatures. The girls slept until about 8 am, then Libbi crawled in bed with me and Abbi got to watching a Disney movie. Once we all got back out of bed we all got in my big bathtub and soaked for a bit. I then made us grilled cheese for lunch and the girls ate outside...well Libbi came in saying the ants were getting her food so she ate with me inside. It was 78 degrees at noon, how awesome!
A little after lunch, Libbi started feeling bad....a headache and slight fever, so she laid down and slept a lot of the afternoon. Abbi played outside with her friends. She managed to get a bit of sun. I stayed in to keep an eye on Libbi.
I made dinner of chicken fajitas and once Dave got home we ate. Libbi managed a little bit, and then after dinner she wanted to go outside. She had perked up considerably. The girls played tee ball with a friend while I chopped down the dusty miller "trees". LOL, in the south here, dusty millers can stay alive the entire year. They also grow HUGE, and the taller stalks die over the winter. They were starting to look a little ugly, though new growth was present. Dave kept threatening to pull all of them out but I asked him to wait. So, I took my big scissors out tonight and whacked the things down to the ground...where I found new growth sprouting. We'll give this a try and hope for some small plants instead of tall ones that are out of control. Otherwise, I can always rip them on out of the ground.
I am happy that a lot of my plants are coming back to life....the clematis on the mailbox, the hydrangeas in front of my dining room window, the daylillies around our front tree and the rose bushes in the back. The crape myrtles will soon bud leaves. The trees all look fuzzy now from far away, instead of dry, ugly and bare, the leaves are coming in fast!
Last night, the neighbor kids figured out how to put "mufflers" on their bikes. All you do is shove a card in somewhere and it hits the spokes and makes a noise like a crisp flutter. ALL the kids here, next door and the next house up have these new nifty mufflers on their bikes. And you know...I actually like it because you can hear them riding their bikes lol.
We stayed outside until after dark....came in around 7:45 pm. I love the weeks we can be lazy!
Tomorrow morning though we have dentist appointments at 8 am. Luckily the dentist is here in town, so just a few minutes away. I like how it won't ruin our entire day!
Our "best" weather is done. A cold front is coming through and it will be closer to 60 tomorrow. It got to 82 today!
No comments:
Post a Comment