Friday, March 6, 2009

In Columbus....Headed home tomorrow

We made it here and the funeral service for Irene was very nice.  My Dad got up and spoke about what she meant to him and that touched me.  It was extremely difficult for me being in that funeral home.  I walked in and instantly became uncomfortable and crying and had to even go outside for a bit too.  But, I got over it.  Well, until my Dad spoke.  Then the waterworks turned on again.  Anyways, no reason to hash out all the details on that.  I was pleasantly surprised that my Godmother Pat cam to the funeral home, as well as my Mom's cousin Dan (what is he to me...I often wonder).  We had a great time catching up and it was a very nice distraction to my uneasiness.  It was the first funeral or visitation I have attended since my Mom died, and it hit me like a ton of bricks for a bit, but then was ok.

We have been busy getting Dad's things together here, loading some in the RV and also working on laundry.  Dad will go to the house in Florida next week for a bit, then head to Las Vegas too.  We took his RV to a storage place today as the house here is being put on the market soon.  The house in Florida will be on the market soon as well, but according to the will...my Dad gets to stay in the house there for 6 month, or until it sells.  He did tell the family though that if an offer comes in before the 6 months that they do not wish to pass on, then he wouldn't keep them bound to the will.  He does get to keep the RV though and they will be paying him the half Irene owes in cash once one of the houses sells.  Dad still has his condo in Cincinnati, but rents it out currently.  

He is doing quite well though.  Dave and I will be leaving to go home tomorrow.  We have had a great visit with my Dad.  Yesterday, we went to Skyline then to see a movie (Slumdog Millionaire).  It was really a good movie.  We went out to dinner at Longhorn...Dad wanted to go so we did.  I worked on laundry all evening and all day today.  I have just one more load to get in the washer.

Today we just went through a few things, got the RV dealt with and then came home to relax some before heading to his church to work the fish fry.  He is in the Knight's there and all of us worked.  We did the serving line.  WOW, it is so different than our church.  I actually missed mine!  It was good though.  I prefer the fish at our church in TN though I have to say.

I am not looking forward to driving home tomorrow.  I want to visit with Dad longer, but we need to get on home to our girls.  I am really missing them, though they are having a GREAT time with Jennifer and Tommy and Lindsey.  It got to 65 degrees here today and was just so nice!  At home it was 75.

Not much more to report for now.

No comments: