Wednesday, March 11, 2009

40 degrees COLDER

BRRR, winter has returned in full force. I don't like it a SINGLE BIT! We are even under a winter weather advisory, supposed to have freezing rain and sleet by morning...oh happy day (NOT!). The bet is on if we'll have school or not tomorrow.

My choir practiced this morning before school and I got them divided up into alto and soprano parts. They were all excited and it sure makes it easier for me! I was teaching my classes St. Patrick's Day lessons today and they really enjoyed it! One of the songs was a folk song from Ireland.....Mrs. Murphy's Chowder. I learned this song in elementary school myself, but it had been 25 years since I heard it. It's sure been fun to bring it back! The kids absolutely love it! We also listened to The Chieftain's band to, NICE! Kids enjoyed the lesson so that meant they behaved too!

Not much tonight.....girls were home with Dave as I had orchestra this evening. By the time I got home they were in bed. I am about to head upstairs and get them clothes for tomorrow, hopefully dresses, it is spring picture day. Dave didn't think to make sure they picked out nice clothes lol. He is a male, do I expect any less?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finally got some time to catch up with you and your life. I remember that song too!! Good Going Mrs. Z...

Love you always
Angelinfl....