Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Family Bike Ride

It was another gloriously warm day! Not too sunny either so again it did not feel too bad. I picked Abbi up at ballet then we headed home. We went in the back yard and the girls spotted 2 cardinals and a blue jay (or bluebird) flew right by them and landed on the fence. SO pretty and they were excited to see them. I stood there in the yard for a few minutes and just listened to the birds singing. Dave grilled out dinner so we ate fast, then left the kitchen as it was and ALL of us went and got our bikes out to take a family ride. We were losing daylight fast, but we had the girls on the sidewalk and us in the street so we felt better. The neighborhood streets are well lit. We rode all the way over to Kevin and Jen's house and visited for a few minutes before we then came back home and rode down to the end of our street and back. Libbi is getting so fast, BUT she was also in meltdown mode so it wasn't all pleasant. She whined for everyone to wait for her (never mind that I stayed behind her, whether she was going fast or slow), fell off a few times when she got going too fast or turned too soon, BUT she made it. I had wanted to go around the lakes, but we lost daylight. The lakes are NOT lit and I didn't want to take the girls back there. I'd have gone myself since it was dusk still, but not with the girls. I can just see one of them sliding off the path and down the hill into the lake. I did get adventurous this evening and tried out a few of the gears on my bike...shifting the chain to make the resistance for pedaling different (it goes from quite light to really having to push hard). I find that right now a nice low/medium number is just right for me. I'll get it higher as I go, but I do not want to hurt my knees while I am building up the resistance. Maybe next time I will see what the things on my other hand do (on the bike lol).

Anyways, it got to 82 degrees today. Since the rest of the week will be a struggle to get above 45 degrees, I felt it necessary to play outside until dark. Ok, so then we stayed out PAST dark, but well it's important to take advantage of this nice stuff when it may be awhile before we get it again. Yeah, a week ago we got a foot of snow....too funny!

Abbi will be going to overnight camp May 1-3 with her Brownie troop. She is so excited! Dave will be out of town that weekend as well for the annual golf tournament, so it will be just Libbi and I. She needs just Mommy time.

I got the slips today of the girls dance studio pictures, and they are for the same day/time as Abbi's First Communion...grrr. I might be able to get them in right at the end for the individual pictures but won't know until that day to see how the timing all works out. It only takes a few minutes and they'll already have nice hair and such lol.

I accomplished a TON at work today. I made a schedule for the rest of the year for the choir kids, I made a powerpoint of all their songs and also figured out how to attach the music to the slides too! WHOO HOO! Tomorrow I have several plan periods and plan on getting even more odds and ends done. I really do like this job! I am so happy to know I will be returning next year. Strange that I am looking forward to summer when I can really sit and map out/plan the whole school year lesson-wise. I know the certain weeks the district has special things, the holidays I want to touch on, etc. The rest of the weeks I just plug in lessons using exciting things to teach the national standards (things the kids must be taught). I am changing my approach a bit, and am excited at making lessons that will be even more fun for the kids and that will help them be more active a part of the class.

:)

We have storms coming. I expect them well after midnight, so I bet the girls will end up in my room and I will not get a full night of sleep. At least I can go to bed tonight KNOWING the possibility is there lol.

Not much else to say.

OH, yeah, I cleaned the kitchen when we got back, after I got the girls situated for bed and homework folders/backpacks checked.

No comments: