Sunday, March 8, 2009

HOME

We arrived back home around 9 pm last night, and it is sure good to be back! I unpacked then went right to bed. I was craving a hot bath, but my tiredness prevailed and won that battle. It was so nice to be back with my girls. They went to bed soon after we got home because we had to be up to church early to get donuts handled. Even though I was in bed before 11 pm (midnight if you account for the time change a few hours early), I was none too pleased when the alarm clock went off before 6:30 am. Good news is though, I will get over it. I did get to play both services this morning, and there was a visiting pastor who was REALLY good! I will head back up there in an hour for a rehearsal for Passion Play music. We have a meeting for our church group tonight, but I am sending Dave without me so I can keep the girls home and enjoy being with them after being gone so long!

I swear, the girls grew a foot while we were gone.

Some REALLY cool news! Abbi WON a creative writing contest at school. She was the 1st place winner for the entire 2nd grade. The writing was to be in the style of Dr. Suess, void of ANY outside help at all. So, Abbi came up with her own story. It revolves around a dog Nemo, who has fleas, that bite his knees. Anyways, SHE WON! She actually was the one to take the initiative to do this extra project all on her own and she was given some nice prizes too! She got a cool certificate, a Dr. Suess book and a stuffed creature from that book. I am so darn proud of her and she just beams with pride telling me all about it.

The news on Libbi is not so hot. Friday at school, she mooned her class twice. She had a great day, other than that. GEESH! Where is this behavior coming from? The girl won't even go to the restroom in a public place if I do not shut the door. Yet she can show her hiney to her class not once but TWICE in a mere few hours??? What gives?

Off I go to try and get a short 30 minute nap before practice. Everyone else is napping but Libbi and I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have 2 creative child in different ways. I love her little literary award.

Maybe Lib wants to be a clown or a stripper... just kidding..... I bet she was exasperated.

Angelinfl