Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Break Day 5

I woke at 8 am to find Libbi in bed next to me asleep. She's usually up and about and not so quiet. I awoke again at 10 am to find her still there! I did get her up at that point and she did not feel well, but had a little breakfast anyways. Right after she finished, she moved to the couch and zonked out again. She just slept and slept and felt hot to me. I caved and called the doctor because it was clear she was on a downward slide. I was able to get an appointment for 3 pm across town. I woke her at 2 to get her ready to go. She was so sleepy and complaining of a headache and sore throat.

I was afraid she would not walk to the van or to the office, but she did. Once we got in the exam room, she laid down on the table and fell asleep. It was oddly familiar to when she was diagnosed with the staph infection that sent her to the hospital for a week. ONLY then I had to carry her as she was way to ill and she had that horrible sore where the infection had entered her body.

But I digress. The nurse took her temp and it was 104. She then did a strep test and sure enough it came back positive. They gave her some Motrin and then asked if I wanted the shot or the 10 days of antibiotic. I was curious about this shot...I had heard it took the place of the oral meds...how fast would it work...when would she feel better???? It sounded like a good choice so I said let's go for it. Libbi whimpered a bit at the decision, but was glad to not have to take any icky medicine for 10 days. We waited, and waited for that shot. Once it came, she was so brave, though she did squeal once as it went in and cried for a few seconds. BUT, once it was done she said that wasn't too bad after all. Within the hour she had perked up considerably and my sweet girl had returned to us!

So, not much to report on today. I've spent way too long tonight on facebook catching up with old friends! Even my husband got on it last night too! He is marveling at finding old friends lol. Too funny!

I can't believe our spring break is over. I cannot believe how calm it has been for me. I am NOT stay at home Mom material and I used to dread extended time alone with the girls because of so many things. BUT, this week was different. They played well together, and we generally had a complete BLAST! They are growing older and have been such a help on the housework this week and I have loved it all! When does summer break start?

No comments: