Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Dad, who turns 67 today. He is in great health now and feeling good.

82 degrees today...ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?! Yes, it got to 82.4 degrees today, but it was partly cloudy so it did not feel hot. As soon as I got home, I washed the cars while the girls played. Yes, I washed BOTH cars. Dave was at a neighborhood meeting so I took the initiative. After the cars were clean, I rode my bike around the lakes here, TWICE! Dave switched the seat for me and it made a world of difference. Felt so good to be doing something active.

More later......dinner time!

later on......

Girls are showered and in bed, dishes are done, and it is relaxin' time here for Dave and I. I was able to catch up at work today AND get way ahead. My grades are all in the computer (Friday is the end of the grading period) and the only thing I have left to do with that is to update any that change between now and Friday. I contacted a few parents about seeing them on conference night Thursday, and I have lessons plans done for the rest of the month. Feels nice to be so far ahead!

I still cannot believe it was so warm today! Tomorrow is supposed to be the same. The girls went down to a neighbor's house to play in their moon bounce for a bit (which is when I rode my bike). They helped me wash my van, and at first they begged to put bathing suits on, but I nipped that quickly. It may have been warm but not warm enough for THAT! Libbi is getting so good at riding her bike, she just zips around now like she's been doing it her whole life. Another Libbi neat moment, I sat with her last night to help her with her subtraction homework. They just started on it last week and I was so surprised at how well she was doing with it! Tonight I also sat with her and tried to help her with those weekly popcorn words, but she still needs prompting there. Go figure, math seems to be her thing. Abbi is good at math too, just like both her parents.

Spring break is next week. Oh to have the entire week to be home with my girls and enjoying some down time. I hope the weather is nice!

As always, a hot bubblebath is calling my name. I think I will try to go ride my bike tomorrow morning between getting the girls on the bus and getting ready for work. Typically, I use that time to tidy the kitchen, but the bike may be a better choice.

Anyways, bath here I come!

No comments: