Tuesday, February 3, 2009

490 items later

I have FINISHED going through stuff and preparing it for the kid's sale at church. I have input and priced 490 something items. Most of it has been loaded into my van to be dropped off at church tomorrow evening. I finished pricing, packing this evening and the tubs are sitting here ready to go.

Now, may I have just one moment to share something.......I HATE DOING THAT ALL!!

Giggle, I do hate it. For the reasons listed below:

1-My fingers hurt BAD from pinning itty bitty safety pins either onto hanger or onto clothes or other items. I have poked myself more than one time and yelled OUCH plenty.

2- Really now, next year my husband must purchase the self stick labels that the backing PEELS off easily. My left thumb is raw from trying to peel the backs off labels that are securely stuck to their paper backing.

3-The tubs and bags and clothes and toys TAKE OVER my great room and hearth room for a week. It is a mess! The girls try to get into things we are trying to get rid of.

4-I have no idea how many hours it has taken me to input everything since the thing went online this year and is using bar code system. I refuse to even begin to start adding up the 3 hours here and 2 hours there. Why waste the time?

5-It means for a few days it is difficult to make a nice meal, so lots of soup and sandwiches.

6-My husband actually gave the girls toys and stuffed animals BACK that had been bagged up fro a few years when I decluttered their rooms....WAIT, doesn't that defeat the purpose of decluttering if he GIVES IT BACK? They haven't missed things in years, why do they need them back now?

7-Note to self....husband is great for the "man work" of moving things, but NOT for pricing things or going through things.

8-Going to bed after midnight the past week is not much fun.

9-After getting the shots in the arm, I am supposed to be resting it....um. (bad me......no more comment).

Now, I also like it due to the MANY benefits of all this hard work and aggravation:

1-I WILL make money! Last year I made several hundred dollars WHOO HOO!

2-All those tubs in the way in my house will be GONE. Sure, some will come back (we only take back the clothes that do not sell, nothing else). But for the most part they have been emptied out of the attic YAY!

3-The people that shop this sale include mothers who NEED the items we offer at such great prices! Most are gently used and cost FAR less than retail value. It benefits so many people. At the end of the sale, donations (things and funds) are made to local charities that desperately need our support.

4-People like me use this sale to buy items like dresses and other things for our own children at far reduced prices. I cannot tell you how many great things I have bought through the years and when I am done, I put them back in the sale.

5-Abbi was a GREAT HELP in sorting the clothes by size after they were ready (all have to be on hangers).

6-I am married to a wonderful man who can and will tote all the tubs to and from the attic, back and forth to church, etc. Thanks Dave!

7-LOTS of things will not be returning to my house...YAHOO!

8-We also donate several large bagfuls of clothes and toys to charity. Not everything is of nice enough quality for people to have to pay for, even a few bucks, so I deem it goes to charity for others who really need it can have it. We get to take a tax write-off for this too. DOUBLE BONUS!

9-Since Dave has already taken well over half the stuff out to the van already, I am starting to get my house back.

Onto other things......

Work is going well. I hear there are now 3 teachers who are not begin asked to return for next year....ouch. I am currently planning for the 1st grade program as I will be in charge of that one. I picked a new musical for them to do (10 classes in all) and will begin to work on the dance moves and such. Not a huge deal, actually exciting!

Abbi met with the anesthesiologist today for her surgery next week. This one is not going to be as simple as I thought even last week! She will have to have an iv for this one, and a breathing tube and will be out for MUCH longer. Instead of just 15 minutes this one will take 45 minutes or so. It will take her a lot longer to wake up from surgery and such. I was not into Mommy worry mode at all, until I learned all this. MY POOR BABY!

Dave is up at church setting up for the sale. Actually he is on his way home as they are done.

It got COLD again, is already 20 degrees and expected to get below 20 tonight. The high tomorrow will not even be above freezing BRRRR. Absolutely no snow though.

Well, tis BATH TIME for me. I have earned it and wish to soak in the hot water for a bit.

No comments: