Saturday, February 14, 2009

My head is in heaven, and Abbi was too!







After 3 hours of PURE bliss at the hairdresser's this afternoon and a wonderful evening with my family, I am just so happy.

My hair was washed, conditioned and just pampered to death twice. My gal makes the hair washing a spa- experience and takes her own sweet time, much to my pleasure! I love it because she does not rush my hair through the color or highlight process and makes sure it turns out just perfect. Which it did!

Abbi asked to go with me, and stuffed a backpack full of things to occupy her time with. I said SURE and it was nice to have her along. She was our official time keeper and manned the timer for each step of the hair. She also set her doll up in the chair next to me and brushed her hair all pretty and then colored pictures for all of us. Such a pleasant addition to my awesome afternoon.

I felt that after her being so great the whole three hours, I would reward her with letting her try on first communion dresses. Oh my did she ever look so lovely and elegant! We found one we really liked and I thought, hmm, let's take pictures and I will try to find it online from the store instead of buying it right then. Glad I did, because in looking for it online, and not finding it, I instead found something even more beautiful and elegant for 1/3rd the cost of the one dress we liked. SO, above are pictures of 2 of the dresses she tried on, and even though chances are high we'll get the dress I found online instead, these were too cool to not post. The top one is of a layered one we kinda liked and the bottom two the dress we really liked.
Excuse her sloppy hair. We still are not washing it as as normal yet since her surgery. Plus she had played for several hours after brushing it.
When we got home, Dave had dinner about ready for us....he grilled steaks outside. I popped some baking potatoes in the microwave and dinner was done! I am happy to report that I have found that it is NOT a requirement anymore for me to have butter or anything in my potato! I ate it dry (as I have 2 potatoes the past week) and lived!
Then , the girls gave me their Valentine's gift....a card with sound that they also each recorded their voice on. I cried and cried as I hugged them tight. Honestly, that is the most perfect thing they could have given me....some of themselves! Dave got me some nice flowers and a card too.
Earlier today, Abbi and Libbi tried packing up some of their favorite stuffed animals to give me for Valentine's Day, that was touching and funny too. They "wrapped" them up in a sleeping bag zippered storage case. And for Dave and I they had placed 6 of their own stuffed animals for us to have. I told them I couldn't take their toys and it was the thought that was just so sweet. Secretly, I think they were glad to have their animals back, but the thought that they cared enough to come up with their own plan was sweet.
Abbi's ears are doing well, but the one is bothering her still. She goes to her ENT Thursday for post surgery exam. I am hoping she is not having some complication. It seems to be draining or dirty more, but I also use the smell to tell me something is not right. SO far no smell.
I won't ramble anymore....just a great day today.

No comments: