But a great day! It began with sleeping in until about 8:30. Considering I think I was in bed by 11:30 last night, it is easy to see why I felt really good today! Dave had taken Libbi with him while he went to work to get a few things done since he won't be in Monday due to Abbi's surgery. Once I got up and showered, Abbi and I headed up to the sale at church. Today was half price sale, so I wanted to take another look for jeans for her. I was in luck! I found her 2 more pairs for 3 or 4 bucks each (barely worn) as well as a beautiful dress. I am so proud of myself yet again, by only getting things that were absolutely necessary. My girl now has enough long pants to make her through a week of school YAHOO! Well, until she hits another growth spurt. I then picked up a friend's daughters and took all three girls to another church for a special Girl Scout day today. It looked kinda fun, but I could only drop them off as I had things to do. Each troop set up a table of a different country and had food samples, posters with pictures and such, and really whatever the group wanted to do. I gather they got to travel around to visit each exhibit and learn about the other countries. So, dropped them off at 11 am and had to drive to near U of M campus to pick up my flute. My repairman had it, and was going to bring it to the performance today BUT his friend died last night (expected) and he was handling the arrangements and asked if I could get it from him at home. OF COURSE! I then went back up to church to meet up with Dave and Libbi before I had to go pick Abbi up. He was helping clean up from the sale and tear down the tables/racks. I killed time there then went to get Abbi. Abbi and I then had to head to the other church to meet the orchestra as we were headed to a retirement community to perform for them today. On the way, we stopped at Sonic. I must tell you, the grilled chicken roll was not very good. The chicken just did not meet to my satisfaction. After getting to the other church, we boarded a bus and took the drive with the orchestra to our performance venue. Carter had us put our music in order on the trip over, so that was nice! It was a very good performance and we were very well received. I love doing things for people who may not otherwise get out much. A beautiful facility and stage. After playing for just over an hour, we headed back to the church for our annual banquet. One of the cello players is a caterer and he and his wife made a fajita dinner for ALL of us (maybe 70 people). Dave and Libbi met us up at the church and we had a nice family dinner. After dinner, it was time for the annual karaoke contest. They really have fun with this. MAYBE next year I will get brave and do it. About 8 pm, Dave left with Libbi to get to the store and get the OJ and such for donuts at church tomorrow while Abbi and I headed on home.
Since getting home, I have devoted myself to FINALLY folding clothes. I folded so many baskets I lost count. I folded for almost 2 hours, probably more. The girls put away some of it, and will do the rest tomorrow. Of course I am still cleaning clothes (it's a never-ending process).
It was a beautiful day. Temps were near 70, and while it was not sunny the whole day, it was nice. Not even a jacket today.
So, the sale. I still d not know how I fared and how much my profits will be. The crib we put in SOLD and that is wonderful! I know many of the toys and clothes sold too because as I was looking over things still left, I saw very little of our things. They hope to have the online system updated very soon so we can view our accounts and items and such. Dave only brought home 3 tubs with clothes in them and several empty tubs. I know I simply had them donate any toys that did not sell. I had no desire to worry about them or store them another year. I just wanted them gone.
Tomorrow is a little busy too. We'll be doing the coffee and donuts, although we do not have to be up with the rooster to pick them up. Someone else is picking them up, so we plan to try and get to church by 8:30 or so instead of 7. Makes a difference! I will not be playing tomorrow morning with the orchestra, I just need a break to rest the arm some. I don't want to overdo using it since I have Passion Play coming up in 2 months (we will begin practice soon). It's doing well though and feels stronger each day.
I have joined the Biggest Loser at school and while today was a challenge due to the schedule (and the not so good lunch), I feel the drive back in me to accomplish this again. Last night I was just starving right before dinner. But I did not cheat at all. Now if I can be home long enough to walk more!
I am sleepy tonight so I think I will go soak and then go to bed. Tomorrow has donuts then we have a meeting in the evening. Dave and I have to take the food so we'll be making a few things to take.
NIGHT....
No comments:
Post a Comment