Saturday, February 14, 2009

VALENTINE'S DAY...think PINK

So, after a glorious night of sleep and a morning of sleeping in, I made pink pancakes in honor of the holiday. I simply added red food coloring. At first the girls thought they were strawberry flavored and were not into wanting them if they were. Took some reassuring that it was simply red food coloring and the same pancakes they always have. I even made theirs in the shape of hearts, but didn't get a picture of that! I wonder what I can make pink for lunch? I have plans to make their mashed potatoes pink for dinner, that should be fun. Dave did ask me to keep out some WHITE potatoes for him though, must be a manly thing.

We got the girls cards, cool socks and a few pieces of candy. No real plans for the day EXCEPT I am getting my hair cut, colored and highlights finally. It needs it desperately as it has been months and months (September to be exact). I have given myself bang trims and the back is so long now and we won't talk about the gray. So, a few hours of pampering for me this afternoon.

The weight loss is going great! I am down 4 pounds in week one. I did not get to walk nearly what I wanted, but I did get back on the diet that worked for me before. It feels good to be back on track and I can already tell a difference, which is such a reward. The thing I am trying to do this time is to cut even the Coke Zero out completely. I do not allow myself any more than 12 oz. of it per day. Can't hurt to try and see how much that helps too.

We have a fairly lazy weekend planned. The girls are ow upstairs cleaning their rooms and I already straightened the kitchen. Laundry needs folding again and bathrooms cleaned. It is a 4 day weekend for the girls, and a three day for me. Tuesday I have teacher in-service, but right here in my hometown which is a nice treat! All the music teachers in the district will be meeting for some training and such.

Not much to say today, enjoying being home.

No comments: