Thursday, February 5, 2009

darn tooth

I was eating a teeny, soft pizza roll, and part of one of my molars managed to crack off. DARN DARN DARN! Didn't hurt at all, but then I bit something hard and then I spit everything out in the sink and THEN I felt part of the tooth missing. I do not appear to have much luck with teeth. This is my second molar to have cracked. I am thankful it did not hurt at all, which is maybe a good thing because I sure do not want to have another root canal. The root canal before did not hurt, but geesh they are not cheap and I never did get the crown for the other molar done.

GRRR. Looks like I will get in to the dentist one day this coming week and see what they say. I am scared to eat on it because I do not want it to crack further, though this looks like it is confined to just the one little rounded tip kinda looking like ti was simply shaved off. It feels really funky with my tongue.

I lost my appetite pretty much after that happened. How fitting since tomorrow is the first day of the BIGGEST LOSER contest at work and I am headed back to my old from of a year ago when I was doing well! Not wasting time on excuses, it is my fault I chose to get lax on my plan and I have to deal with the consequences.

Everything else is going well....work is good as usual and I stay busy in the evenings helping the girls with homework and trying to work on laundry. Tonight has been deemed a folding night as I have 3 laundry baskets full of clean clothes to get to just to have room for the 2 loads currently in the washer/dryer. WOE IS ME again with the laundry.

It is supposed to be nice and warm the next several days, gradually warming to near 70 early next week. It's about time as I think I have had enough of this cold stuff to last me a year. Not asking for 95 degree weather here, but the 70's heading this way sure sound nice.

Libbi is in a meltdown right this minute. She ate dinner and then we asked the girls to pack their lunch. They typically buy lunch on Friday because it is pizza day BUT we found out today they have been buying milk and juice at school instead of drinking the drinks they pack. SO, they lost the privilege of pizza Friday. They have to learn, bottom line. Abbi shed a few tears earlier, but after she ate she made her lunch. I think Libbi thought we would change our mind, so when we asked her to make hers, she pulled her typical. Crying, then saying she was too tired to pack it. I counted to 3, she did not move from her spot, so she got hot sauce. I know she is tired, but she tries to use that as her excuse when there is something she doesn't want to do. You can be sure that she then set about getting that lunch made. I have said it before, I absolutely HATE when she is this tired and can hardly function. But I will not excuse it as she at first uses it as her excuse.

I went up to the children's clothing sale at church to check on clothes for Abbi, specifically jeans and pants. The girl wore size 8 in December, and had plenty of room at the bottom left to grow. BUT, now here we are in February and they now look like high waders on her! She is 7.5 and is now wearing size 10 because she is so tall! She has gained a few pounds in the past few weeks, but gained from growing UP, she is still the skinny rail lol. She is 62 pounds now. I went in the sale with an agenda and stuck to it. I did not put in so much stuff to get rid of it just to buy a bunch more. BUT, each year I do buy the girls clothes there in sizes they are or going to be over the year. Mainly what they need. I bought Libbi a beautiful spring dress (she is so girly girl in her dress habits) but she is not in need of anything else. I found a pair of jeans for Abbi for 5 bucks (MUDD brand, and looks hardly worn), a pair of leggings with a long shirt, a pair of capris and a pair of kahki's. I also got her a really pretty purple skirt and sweater set. I got ALL the things for Abbi and that dress for Libbi for 27 bucks. New, I would have paid that for the dress alone. I am just happy my girl now has more than 2 pairs of pants that fit her and that I barely paid anything for them.

The girls are now in bed. Dave is cracking me up! He is reading me a list of things about raising boys to know that has us rolling on the floor.

Well.....that bath tub of mine sounds really nice to me. I think I need to go inspect it then come and fold those clothes.

No comments: