Sunday, February 15, 2009

Some of our house on the INSIDE

The picture above is the hearth room, which is at the back of our house. We changed the furniture in our hearth and great rooms and have yet to move this rug to the great room with the other couch it was bought for. The recliners needed to be on a rug as to not damage the flooring, so until we get a new rug for that room, this will do. The girls were both in the recliner when I took the picture, watching tv. We have this particular area decorated with Ansil Adams prints. The one in this shot sure looks smaller than it actually is!

The above photo is our master bedroom. It is shades of brown and tan. We have not really done a lot of decorating yet, but it's a rustic horse theme. The shade on that lamp refuses to stay straight. My side of the bed is higher because of the thick mattress pads. Dave likes the bed hard as a rock and I like it soft. SO, without spending a fortune on those beds that you can each adjust, I bought the pads in twin size so I could be happy and so could he. May not make for the best looking bed, but beds are for sleeping and other things...NOT for looking pretty all the time.

The picture above is me in the kitchen by the sink (see it?) looking over into the breakfast nook that houses our kitchen table and into the hearth room. I LOVE being able to be in my kitchen and see that (plus if I look right I can see into the great room and up the stairs). Excuse all those dishes, I had done the lunch dishes AND had made 2 nights worth of dinner this afternoon.

The above room has quickly become my favorite (aside from my master bathroom). We had this couch out in the hearth room, but we decided to switch it. I devoted an entire post as to why, so the explanation is not important now. We originally had the couch NOT blocking the window, with the lounge side in the middle of the room and the other end on the wall under that big art work. It never sat well with me that way aesthetically so we changed it. I LOVE it now! The huge piano keys/music painting is one of 2 panels, the other is next to it but higher up to match the ceiling as it goes higher. I spent a lot of money on those panels right after we moved in the house, but they screamed Jennie and fit perfectly without being girly at all. I can often be found on the chaise lounge side of the couch, or in the seat right next to it, while Dave is at the opposite end in the recliner. We like our space, and when the girls are up still and we are all on the couch, there is plenty of room to spare. Well, unless Abbi keeps getting taller! I want to buy a fake tree to put in the corner behind the couch center. I have a few other areas in the house I want fake trees...but that's for another day's discussion.



The last picture here is the hearth room again, looking at the three windows out that back. That's our neighbor's fence. You can see that behind our house is all wooded, and we love that! Those sticks you see right outside the window are my rose bushes that I talk about a lot in the spring and summer. We just trimmed them down last weekend and they will begin to grow in just a few weeks.
I will try to get pictures in at some point of other parts of the house. I was running out of good light and you can see what was happening with the lights that were on (glowing strange looking things).
By the way, every picture in my blog here has been taken with my Blackberry phone. Not too bad.
:)




No comments: