Monday, February 23, 2009

WOW, almost a week!

I can't believe it's been almost a week since I posted anything here. Am I sick??Is something wrong? NOPE, just this thing called LIFE!

Let's see, WHERE do I begin?

Libbi has been doing better at school. I signed the paperwork for her to begin sessions with the counselor, just not sure when it begins or what it entails. On our end here, we have really been working with her on a variety of things, namely she has begged to not wear pullups at night. So, we caved and in the past week she has had just one accident at night. Not too bad! I have noticed far less melt downs, but then again I have really focused on spending time with her and trying things out. Not to say there aren't trying moments, because there are, but I swear it is better. I sat with her this evening and we got 3 nights worth of homework done all tonight. She is reading so many more words now too! MAYBE, just maybe another hurdle has been cleared.

Abbi is doing great in school. We made a deal with the girls that as soon as both of them had a week of staying on the highest conduct mark that we would take them to this special pizza place here (Incredible Pizza). Abbi passed that "Test" last week and now we are waiting for Libbi to pass it. She is trying. We have not yet been to the place...it opened a year ago. The girls have begged and begged...so we made it into a deal. Now it has been 3 weeks since we made it and only one half has been met.

The girl scout cookies came in Saturday.....eeek and grrr. I have been fairly good though and only eaten a few. I am currently down 8 pounds and trying hard to keep going further. I do feel a difference already. Tonight, Dave called on the way home from his meeting and was stopping by McD's, and asked if I wanted anything. For one second I said YES and almost caved. But I immediately said NOOOOOOOOOOO. Then he had the nerve to come home and eat it in front of me....oh that was cruel. I wanted to just jump over and cram a french fry in my mouth and take a bit of the big mac...BUT, I didn't. He had the nerve to say he was proud of me. LOL. I was proud of me too. The girls and I had spaghetti for dinner and I ate the amount I am allowed to eat...and it was good! Then for a snack I had my yogurt. I will save up my extra points one week and get McD for me.

Friday Dave and I dropped the kids off at daycare at 7 pm for parent's night out. We then went to the little Chinese buffet in town and had a dinner alone...it was nice. Saturday Dave let me sleep in and that was heaven! We met up with Kevin and his kids at BW3 and had a good time for a few hours. After that we went home to finish the dish we were taking to the Knight's social at church (Dave's red beans and rice). We had a nice time at the dinner and the girls loved hanging out with Leighann so the adults could all play. We had a nice dinner (Tim grilled 2 pork loins) and it was just nice to catch up with friends.

Sunday I woke with a very sore throat and horrible headache. I was a trooper though and went on to play at church anyways. I knew I had to do the evening service too as it was special and featured me on one song. I came home and slept for 3 hours, and felt quite a bit better! I played AWESOME and was glad I felt up to going. I thought when I woke this morning that I would spend the day challenged at work, but I felt good actually. What a relief.

Tonight Dave had a meeting at church so it was just the girls and I. We had dinner, did homework, got baths then a snack and bed. Then I was busy copying CDs into my itunes and here we are.

Abbi's ears are doing ok, but the left one is infected and she's on antibiotics. She goes back to the ENT surgeon late next week to be checked again. He is keeping a close eye on them until he is satisfied they are healed to where he wants.

Well, I need to get to bed. I have a 3 hour class after work tomorrow on classroom management. 60 others are taking the class, so I hope it is mainly in lecture format and not participatory. I will be done with all my flex hours that I have to earn for the year. YAY!

Night.......brrrrr.

No comments: