LIBBI CAN RIDE A BIKE BY HERSELF! No training wheels or anything. I guess Dave let her try in the grass and she went a few feet. I didn't know this, but when I went outside I was told and then Libbi was ready to keep trying. And wow did she ever do it! She went a few hundred feet by herself, and kept doing that over and over. She needs help getting started but she can do it and she is quite good at it. We tried a few months ago and she really wanted nothing to do with it. I figured she would just be on training wheels forever. Now she is a big girl rider! PLEASE, just overlook the flip flops. It's not something she will be wearing to ride in the future. At least she willingly wore the helmet.
I got that nap by the way. All two hours worth, probably closer to three. When I woke up, Dave left to get Libbi from daycare Abbi was wide awake and asked to go. Of course I let her!
On other news, I too rode my bike tonight. Dave is putting a different seat on it for me, BUT I RODE! It felt very good to feel the breeze in my hair. Now, we'll get Libbi more comfortable and we can go on family bike rides. I am thrilled to pieces. It is the first time I have ridden a bike since middle school. I got this bike a few months ago as a gift from my father in law.
Abbi is doing great. She still looks pale but she has her spunk and says she feels good. She did take some Motrin before bed saying her ear with the stitches behind it hurt a little. Looks like she'll go back to school tomorrow. We had a dinner of a myriad of leftovers and she ate like a champ. Tomorrow morning I have to take the bandaide off the back of her ear and that has me cringing just thinking of doing it. I hope it does not hurt her.
The girls are in bed and Dave is working on our taxes. It got to 74 degrees today and we opened the windows. It has been nice to air the house out for two days now. Some rain is moving this way and we are supposed to see storms tomorrow and early Wednesday, maybe some severe. The temps will stay in the low 70's though for a few more days.
Libbi riding a bike on her own.....such a treasure!
No comments:
Post a Comment