Sunday, February 3, 2008

Presidential Candidate

This evening I had the honor of performing with the new orchestra at a service where Mike Huckabee was preaching. We found out at this morning's services that the Presidential Candidate was going to be visiting to preach, something set up at the very last minute. We hadn't been scheduled to play, but this special visit warranted a change in all the music. Over 300 people sang with the choir, though I was surprised that only about 20 were in the orcehstra...I was the only flute of course sight reading. It really was a very nice sermon and worth being there. The end of the service was ratehr long, they ordained two ministers and while it was interesting to see how they do that in a Baptist Church, it took some time.



Once getting home, I had to make chili to take to school tomorrow. I put together a pot luck lunch for school tomorrow and my contribution is the chili. I meant to make it this afternoon, but I was rather occupied in spending time with my husband and sleeping. The chili is done, I'll put it in the crock pot and let it cook all morning at school.



Is a strange thought that I have to return to school tomorrow, and that I will be there for the entire week! Winter keeps me busy with things wehre I have to be off campus.



Was nice to spend a little time with Libbi this afternoon too. Abbi was playing outside at a friend's house and Libbi woke up from her nap and came and cuddled with me. She was such an angel and so sweet. She's such a beautiful little girl when she is happy and smiling.



I have my week one weigh in for the Biggest Loser Contest at school tomorrow. With being downtown, it made for a rough week. I've not idea what to think on how I did. Dave worked on the office today, so soon my treadmill will be ready to go. He put the futon upstairs in the attic and we now have two desks in here and more room. We have to still rearrange the things in here, but that will happen soon. Dave and I both needed our own working area and the futon is just never used. Is nice to be getting things done here in the house that we have been putting off.



Well, I need to get my school stuff loaded in the van and ready to go.



:)

No comments: