Yes, I have been scarce the last few days. We have been busy! It is all good though.
I am taking the day off tomorrow, I need a mental health day and must catch up on rest and some other things. I have been having headaches most days, though I am almost positive they are related to me just being tired.
Work is going well, I have been getting a lot accomplished with my band students in their countdown to contest (it is March 13). Each day they sound better and we work through more of the music to add the finishing touches. Several of the kids come tell me they are really pleased and happy with the music I selected for them, which is evident when we are all working on it (for the most part). I am STILL waiting to hear if my one student was selected for ALL STATE Jazz band, if it is bothering me to wait I can only imagine how he feels. Five weeks to contest! Like I have said, I want a superior rating for them like I have wanted nothing else! I think they can cetainly do it.
I was informed today that I have my final evaluation meeting Thursday morning, this is where I get my "grades". I am nervous because of how harsh I felt the main principal was with my evaluation. I received such high marks the past few years. I will be able to stop my worrying soon enough. My email said the meeting is in the conference room, so I can only imagine that it is with all the principals, so this is a rather hefty meeting. I hope it goes well. The district still has not tracked down my evaluation paperwork for last year, so I have indeed started over instead of this being my 3rd year and my year to earn tenure. I just try not to think about that, it does make me ill. Especially knowing I did everything I could for the principals last year to get the paperwork done and for over a month tried to get them to produce it but it was "lost".
Cross your fingers that it goes decently and that I am not deduced to tears.
Again, we have weird weather! The news said this is the 5th straight Tuesday where it has rained and been yucky weather, though today was quite mild and nothing severe! I did leave school to find my car iced over and it took a bit of time to thaw it! Dave had a meeting at church this evening and he said it was flurrying. I just do not get the weather here! It is so cold in our house right now, because the temps dropped so quickly this evening. If I lived in Ohio still, tomorrow would be my second snow day in a row! They got snow an ice.
The girls are doing great! Abbi has been getting very good conduct at school, and Elizabeth has had far fewer accidents lately. She is trying so hard to be a big girl, and I am proud of her! Abbi had another practice last night at the new church for the Passion Play and worked on the same dance. She really likes it...I can;t wait to see the costumes, play the music and just be a part of it with her on the stage too! I got to have dinner with them this evening, just me and them and it was great! They were well behaved (Libbi has had some meltdowns lately at meal times) and ate all their dinner. They are excited about Valentine's Day. I decided to grow out the rest of Abbi's bangs and if I do not pull her hair back off her face, she looks like a ragged gal! She looks so good though with it pulled backand it is nice to not see her get a crick in her neck trying to keep it out of her eyes! Her head and headbands do not seem to match real well, so those do not work. We started growing Libbi's bangs out just over a year ago and she is way past the awkward stage! Her hair is so pretty and her face just glows! At least now, both girls love brushing their own hair and it is not a battle with them anymore. I would NEVER know what to do if we had a boy. I only know girls hehe.
Dave is good too. he had a meeting at church this evening, but is home now. I am happy that he is so into the Knight's there. He loves doing it. He;s had to not do certain things because of my job, but he has remained committed to the Knight's. We've made many friends throught his and we both have done several really neat things as a result. I know that once the girls are older, he will become a Grand Knight. Right now he is doing leadership positions he can that involve a little mroe flexibility because of our kids. Being Grand Knight means being at church a LOT more and overseeing every aspect of what the Knights do. He'd be great at it, in a few years.
Well, I can only procastinate getting some work done for so long. My contacts are a bit blurry. I need to fold a LOT of laundry (at least I get the clothes clean lol).
Spell Check still is not working here, I wouldn't begin to know why or how to fix it. Please excuse the typos, overexcited fingers typing way too fast!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment