Yes, we had a death in the family today. Abbi's beta fish "Dori" died this afternoon. Dori was a male, about 1.5-2 years old, so he lived a nice long fish life. The girls are not upset and for a moment I considered just flushing Dori this evening and being done with it, but I thought that I needed to involve the girls just a bit.
And me being the sensitive creature that I am, yes, I have tears in my eyes. Am I a freak? Crying at a dead fish? I don't think so, I've just never handled death of any sort very well.
I am not sure if the fish will be replaced. Betas are really quite beautiful and the array of colors they come in are very pretty.
NATURALLY, there is more to life than fish death. It's been a good week in my band world! I have 9 students that were selected to participate in the University of Memphis Honor Band this weekend and 3 of them were named first chair...YAHOO!!!! How exciting is that? I doubt I will make it down for their concert tomorrow afternoon. Two of them were text messaging me this evening and so excited on how things were going! I just love when they experience the JOY of music....this is what it's all about!
After taking a few months off of having much contact with the Booster parents..it is back to work now. Concert season is always a time to take a break for them, and after a particularly stressful fall with them, I needed air to regroup for my my own sake and that of my program. It's almost time to nominate and vote in new Booster Board members, and I have been in contact with many that I am confident will do a very nice job. The outgoing group wasn't very supportive of me or the many changes and policies that were set down upon us over the past several months from the district. The new group must support me and my ideas, and must communicate effectively with me for us all to work tgoether for these children! I have been busy talking to parents and getting them in line to take over board positions left vacant (or to fill ones I felt were ineffectively run). I have become so much more assertive because this is MY GIG, not theirs and I will call the shots from here on out. I have been working so hard already on things for marching season, and I am pleased with what I have so far!
We went up to the fish fry at church this evening, it was very nice! Tomorrow we will get to church around 7 am to work a retreat in the morning....we will serve breakfast and lunch, not really a huge deal. I am hoping to come home and get a nap before we go back to church to attend a Knight's Social dinner. I need a night out with just Dave. Sunday, I will play two services with the orchestra, we have the evening service off YAY!
I need to head to bed. I felt good today, but I am tired.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment