GEESH! It got to 75 dgrees today. A week ago it was really cold. Really, how crazy is that? It's supposed to be 75 again tomorrow, but bad storms. Have I mentioned how I dislike not having windows in my classroom? An entire day can go by without me seeing daylight or knowing what exactly is going on with the weather (without cheating and using my computer to pull up the National Weather Service).
After school, I had Jazz Band, then I stayed a bit later to catch up on some work. I am very happy to report that I accomplished a lot of my work. It was so good to be back to school....my students did miss me, just as I missed them. My general music class though was a pain in the neck and I had to turn all mean on them, but it worked. I will have a new seating chart for them tomorrow because I am really tired of them not following my directions and several of them refusing to be quiet or put their cell phones or ipods away.
Such is the life, it will be amazing if they pass my class this semester....really though, how difficult is it to take notes when I am mostly spoonfeeding them the information? We are currently working on a music history unit and about halfway through it. We elarn the back ground of what is going on in history, then study about the music and what was going on, then at last the composers and actually listening to a lot of the music. I will flat out say WRITE THIS DOWN, and several don't...even though they have been told a hundred times I am checking their folders for their notes (and I do) and giving out lots of zeros. They will be sorry when it comes time for the test because some will not have any notes at all to use to study from. I am even thinking that (out of spite) I will allow them to use their notes on the test, but not tell them that until the actual day of the test. Those that took notes can get an easy A....those that did not better have a good memory. Yep...if it sounds mean IT IS! I am tired of them thinking my class is not important. It sure gives me a lot more respect and patience for my other band classes that do take things mostly serious.
So, I had my weigh in today for the school BIGGEST LOSER (henceforth, will just be called my weigh in...done each Monday morning). I thought it wasn't going to be a good week because of me being downtown and them taking me to lunch, dinner, etc....BUT
DRUMROLL.....................................................(imagine that those dots are a dumroll)
I LOST 2 POUNDS!!!!!!
I can hardly believe it! I chose not to weigh myself at home since last week, so I really had no idea what to expect, but this was a nice suprise. OK, I am so now getting back on track.
The girls are upstairs playing barbies and Dave is at a meeting at church. I am glad to be home this evening, and also tomorrow night too! We've already had dinner and I have laundry going. I plan on watching Deal or No Deal tonight at 8:30 pm. There will be ten cases with one million dollars, I am anxious to see how this person does, all the while wishing it was me.
A confession...I stink as a sister. I have the Christmas gift for my sister's son....and here it is February and have yet to finish it or get it to him. I am bad, I admit it. I need an hour of uninterupted time to finish it...with no girls around etc. I feel horrible. I've yet to send the Chrsitmas presents to either of my nephews, I know I stink as a sister right now. Please God, grant me the time tomorrow night or Thursday night to get done what I should so I can get it all in the mail. I am very sorry to Steve and Michelle, if either of you is reading this. It WILL get there, I promise. Maybe next year we can all get together for the Holiday. Austin's birthday is next week, I am determined to be on time for that!
Dave is going to work on our taxes this evening, my forms finally came in. I am anxious to see how it turns out.
Well, I need to go see the girls and get some things done away from this computer.
HUGS TO ALL!
P.S. The spell check does not seem to be working on this for some strange reason lately. Forgive me for whatever mistakes I may have made.
No comments:
Post a Comment