Saturday, February 23, 2008

SATURDAY and SLEEP!!!!

Whoo hoo, Saturday and sleep and HOME!

Three good things all at once. Yes, it is a Saturday and we are home. Dave has spent the morning/afternoon finishing getting our "dual office" set up. He went through a bunch of boxes containing old disks and such and threw a lot out and also finished installing his laptop area in here, moving the scanner, etc. I've spent the morning catching up on laundry, straightening our bedroom, making dinner (chicken casserole in the crock pot) and spending time with Libbi. Our oldest Abbi has been off at her friend Hanna's house since before I woke up this morning (I got out of bed around 10 am). She was helping Hanna sell candy. Libbi went down easily on the couch for a nap right after lunch and slept for just over two hours.

It always feels good to catch up on some sleep, and I did just that. I have not been sleeping well lately, but last night I sure did.

This afternoon we will be heading out soon to run some errands. We need to get Abbi a few things for her performances in the Passion Play. It will be nice to get out with the family.

Yesterday, I had a district music teacher's conference at the U of Memphis all day. It was wonderful, great, beneficial, etc. It was Dr. Tim Lautsenhiser clinic, wow. I won't bore you with details, but it was invigorating and uplifting to participate in. I've got some renewed hope for this profession I have chosen, hopefully I will be able to transfer and carry it with me through the changes I'll be going through work-wise.

On the way home, I saw I'd be passing right by my church just before the fish fry was to start...and figured I would stop and work. They were short handed for serving and I was so happy to see my church friends! Dave and the girls met me towards the end of the event and I ate with them. We served over 400 people last night....so it was fairly busy!

It has been cold lately, chilly cold, not awful cold. I am hoping it will warm up sometime soon. They are calling for near 70 degrees early this week and bad storms Monday. It's been quite the winter this year! Still, one big snowstorm (even an inch or two of snow lol) would be nice! Ohio has been getting nailed, Dave said his sister only taught one day this past week. At least the sun is out a little bit today, so that is nice.

Starting tomorrow night, things get crazy with Passion Play. I have a meeting for information on Abbi's part in it tomorrow, then we have dress rehearsals Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, with performances starting Friday and going through Tuesday, March 4. Will be a very busy time for us, but it will be worth it. I can't wait to see it and play.

:)

No comments: