Wednesday, February 20, 2008

short work week

With the students off Monday and then me gone Friday downtown for an professional developement session, this is a 3 day work week for me. But what a busy work week! Contest is in just three weeks, so finishing up preparing for that, trying to gather up all the instruments to get them to the repair shop as my rep is all caught up and needs work! I am sending my marching equipment and other stuff that is in various states of disrepair. Passion Play is gearing up to start dress rehearsals in less than a week with performances starting a week from Friday, This grading period is over so grades had to be averaged and entered for that, a Booster Parent Board meeting last night after being at school for 12 hours already! I was fitted for my concert attire this evening for the orchestra, velvet pants and jacket....quite pretty even with wide legged pants and all.

Even with all this, I managed to watch Deal or No Deal with Dave Monday evening!

Work is going as well as it can under the circumstances. Kids are doing well, it is hard to believe contest is just around the corner. Several of them who are in orchestra also have contest with that in two weeks, and the school musical is coming up too, a few of my students are doing that (but not me).

This evening, I actually stayed while Abbi had her dance class. Lately I just drop her off. I got to see her jazz dance and what they have learned of their ballet dance for the recital. Going to be so cool! her jazz dance is to Splish Spalsh, and the ballet is from a book. Her class depicts the wind (I think Libbi's class is waves...could be the other way around). Abbi is really quite good at dance! She has the timing, the grace, all that stuff. And that lean dancer's body that I once had too (when I was her age).

The pizza place in town had pizzas for just $3.99 today, so I have Dave pick a few up on the way home. The main reason I am even typing this is that it will be neat one day to see how I celebrated over that haha! They normally cost around 11.99

Again, the weather has been all over. Up to 55-60 the past few days, and right now it is just 35 degrees. We may get freezing rain tonight. The number of people sick with flu and pneumonia is high around here! I am about to go crawl in my big bathtub and soak for a little bit then go to bed. I am not going to come back to this computer tonight. It is amazing how much time I work once I am home from work. Catching up on the online gradebook, emailing parents, you name it. because I am busy teaching and doing daily required paperwork, I just do not have the time to do any of the busy work at work. Perhaps next year this will not be an issue for me since some changes are in the works.

The builders finally came and finished painting the trim they replaced around the attic window above the garage. They had replaced a 2 by 6 that had rotted, then decided it would be better to then frame that window with some "skinny" boards. The last thing to do was to paint it and they did that yesterday. There are a few other issues we have that we think the builder will take care of too...the windows in our hearth room have settled and there is a LOT of cold air coming in at one corner. We cannot see anything, but you can sure feel it.

We got our "profit" check today from the children's sale at church we put things in about a month ago. We made about $354!!!! Another $118 was donated to charity on behalf of the group who ran the sale. Not too shabby!!!!!

That bath sounds really good about right now. I am glad that tomorrow after school I will get to COME HOME and be with my family. Dave has made some "Skyline" chili...he finds recipes online of the original stuff and recreates it. So, dinner is taken care of for tomorrow.

NIGHT!

No comments: