Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I feel GREAT!

I was able to catch up on much needed rest and I feel really good! At a rehearsal tonight, several people said I looked refreshed and relaxed. I surely didn't take the day off to LOOK better, but I do feel a lot better!

I folded several loads of laundry and caught up on some other things around the house as well. That was after sleping for 13 hours, onlywaking up when the girls left for school, then falling right back to sleep.

I am ready to go back to work full steam! Abbi was excited because I let her ride the bus home today, she goes to daycare after school, so she was thrilled! It was neat having her come home, eat a snack with her then take her to ballet! She loved some mommy time! Libbi was a challenge this evening. She has gotten yet another new teacher at school and each time this happens, she shows behavior problems. She has meltdowns at the dumbest things...tonight I was over chicken nuggets. I've not been nearly as impressed with her pre-K teachers there as Abbi's were. If she wasn't going to head on to kindergarten next year, I would consider moving her elsewhere. My girl just does not react well to big changes like that, all of a sudden and without notice. She should thrive in kindergarten...noe teacher all day for the whole year! Right now, she has a different teacher in the morning and in the afternoon, and then with all the changes this past 5 months. We are hopeful that her new teachers will work with her on things. We are concerned that they are not teaching them the same quality material as what Abbi receieved at the same age. I know for a fact that Abbi's Pre-K teacher worked those kids HARD on letters, numbers, so many other things, where-as Libbis teachers send home worksheets, but it is obvious they hand them out tothe kids to do and give them next to no instruction. She has reverted back to having more accidents as well. Could there be something going on with my daughter? Somethign mental? Learning disability? Something else? She has taken to saying she doesn't feel good when she is asked to do something she doesn't want to or if she doesn't want to eat something we have made for dinner, etc. We know she is not sick, she will have just ten minutes prior been running around all happy and excited.

Trust me, I am not comparing Libbi to Abbi by any means. I would expect them to be very different from each other because they are their own individuals. It is just simply strange how different they are. I am thankful that she is not aggressive (niether of my girls is), and thankful she is indeed healthy. I just keep praying for her and doing my best to work with her here at home.

It is so cold here tonight...just 15 degrees right now. It is supposed to be warmer tomorrow, then Friday night we may get some winter weather.

Well, I am headed to bed, do not want to mess up catching up on sleep, only to lose it again.

:)

No comments: