Sunday, February 17, 2008

Mission "GIRLS ROOMS" completed

After two days of heavy duty cleaning and going through EVERYTHING, I am happy to say this mission is completed! I know, I'd be a fool if I believed their rooms would stay clean, but 4 garbage bags later and about 3 bags of old toys not necessary anymore, well....PROGRESS! My back is killing me, but it is done. It was amazing the nunber of dirty socks and stuff that was under those girls beds! I think hotels are onto something with putting wooden "stoppers" around the under-bottom edge of the beds so things won't get "lost" under them.....hm, DAVE?!?!

I also managed to get a nap this afternoon, I curled up on my couch with the cat and my favorite blanket and we were in dreamland for two hours.

Now, maybe our next not so busy weekend will be warm and sunny so we can paint their rooms and keep the windows open to air them out. We've had the paint for months now. It was warm today, but very windy. We did manage to grill steaks out for dinner, and boy is Abbi becoming a steak lover! Libbi ate an entire baked potato, no steak but that's ok. She is far pickier of an eater than Abbi, mostly because I think she will not try new things.

Dave's little surprise party last night went well. It was nice to see our church friends and also just be together. The lasagna that the host, Donna, baked was out of this world! After dinner, we surpirsed him with the cake and his gifts and it was nice!

OK, so tomorrow is President's Day, the kids have school off, BUT us teachers have to go. I thought it was a federal holiday and teachers, EVERYONE used to get that day off. Instead, I have to be there at 8 am (that is a slight improvement over 7:10 am) for a few hours of in-service then we have parent-teacher conferences until 3 pm. It is doubtful I will have any, but I am there for the duration. That's allright, I have plenty to do to keep me busy!

YAY, one of my favorite tv shows is on...Extreme makeover, Home Edition. I love this show, I am always bound to cry, and it is nice to see people who deserve it getting these homes. They end up so beautiful. OMGosh, this is one about a blind, paralyzed boy in the University of Louisville marching band and his dad carts him around the fild and they made a brand new practice field for the band and things to make this boy's life easier in band AND gave him a brand new trumpet....oh wow. Yes, they did his house too.

Speaking of beautiful, my color guard girls that are part of the Indepent Winter Guard came home with the REGIONAL CHAMPIONS from a WGI Regional competition in Nashville this weekend. These regional competitions really have nothing much to do with what section of the US you are in, because in a few weeks the girls will head to an Atlanta Regional. They are called Regionals, because in a few months there is WORLDS in Dayton which they will also attend. It is a big deal to win these contests. I cannot wait to see how excited my students come back Tuesday.

:)

The spell check is no longer working for this blog, so I apologize for whatever mistakes you might see. I have no clue how to fix it.

No comments: