Saturday, March 12, 2011

Updates, at last

Finally, I'm home for an evening to relax! Aside from doing laundry, nothing else is going on. I've got a week to do just that, for it's SPRING BREAK!

Lots to catch up on, as has become normal on my infrequent visits here to my own blog.

Where to start?

Baseball season is about to begin, Libbi starts practices this Tuesday, Abbi will very soon too! Dave is still the Safety Director and I am overseeing several aspects of the League as well this year. I've volunteered to head up team uniforms/spirit wear/end of season awards/and am the Information Officer (basically update website). Both girls look forward to playing catcher again, and I'm looking forward to keeping the stats books. I just pray their games don't take place at the same times! I was extremely blessed last year to not have a single overlap! We've got to still go buy Abbi some new cleats, AMAZING how fast her feet are growing. Dave will have to check their gloves to make sure those are still good (I know nothing about that area of buying equipment).

The girls are heavy into learning their dance numbers for the May recital. This year they are also doing a sister tap duet, to SLIDE SOME OIL from "The Wiz". It's been such a neat experience for them to work one on one with Ms. Brandy and just this past week they got to the REALLY FAST part. Libbi's class number is EASE ON DOWN THE ROAD so she'll be dressed like Dorothy. Abbi's class is doing an Elvis number and will be dressed in white Elvis suits. For the duet, Abbi will be the Tin Man. Brandy's daughter's class is dancing to the lion and another little girl is dancing a scarecrow solo, so our 4 girls make up the main cast of the Wiz". Both girls will also dance a ballet number that goes along with a book.

School is going well. Libbi has turned a HUGE corner academically. She is reading outstanding, and has aced the regrouping in math subtraction! Of course her latest struggle is vocabulary. She has an A in math, which is really good for her! She seems to be following Dave's footsteps there! Her conduct has really improved, though she still has some days where she just can't get that coveted E she goes after! She's been averaging a G for a long time now, and even had a few weeks where she earned all E's, I will definitely take that. Abbi will be going through the process for the APEX gifted program. She will take a series of tests to see if she qualifies, hopefully we will know something by the end of the school year. Regardless of this, she has all A's and is doing really well after a period where her grades dipped a bit. Both girls have perfect attendance so far...only 1 more quarter to go to get it for the year!

Girls Scouts keeps them busy too, doing really neat things! Both of their troops are planning for THINKING DAY in April. Abbi's group chose RUSSIA and Libbi's chose CHINA. We've contributed to the music for both :) Cookies sales went well, and the booths they worked were fun! Last night Abbi's troop spent the night at the Pink palace Museum. She had a blast, sleeping in with the bug exhibit and the big dinosaur bones too! This morning they then went to the Humane Society to learn about the work done there. Abbi said it was a little sad, but sure fun to see these animals the society had saved. The highlight was playing with the puppies in the outdoor areas!

As stated before, Spring Break is here. The girls and I were certainly anxious for it! We were spoiled for a few weeks in Jan/Feb when our weeks were made shorter by snow days. We didn't go to a full week of school for over a month! It was an extra snowy winter, and after the last blast I was actually ready for spring! We spent those snow days playing Wii, making cookies, sleeping, and just enjoying ourselves.

So the plans for Spring Break MAY include the following (or not) in no particular order:

-renewing my license plate tags, need that new little sticker!
-finding/buying boots for the girls for their horseback riding camp coming up soon
-sleeping in and staying up late
-baseball practices
-planting 3 new rose bushes
-a picnic outing to Shelby Farms with friends one day
-zoo or Pink Palace visit
-home cooked meals!!!!!
-doing some professional development webnars
-walking
-taking van to get oil change/recall notice
-taking van to get tires rotated and checked
-waiting impatiently for the new washer and dryer to get here
-figuring out how to turn the new tv on in the great room
-going through girls spring clothes to see what they need since they are growing so fast!

I know, it sounds like a lot to do, but not really.

Dave and I are great! He's getting ready to become Grand Knight in just a few months, and then life will become just a bit busier for all of us (like we need it, but hey....no big deal). Our family will be attending the 2011 Knight's State Convention in Nashville the end of April. There are some wive's events and we'll be going with the current Grand Knight and his family. I imagine we'll be some of the youngest folks there, but no worries! He will NOT be playing softball this summer (YES!), but has decided to umpire some instead. This is good pay!

Work is great for me! I love it, and being at two schools can make life a bit more hectic work-wise, but I like the change of scenery! I took a class on how to use Keynote (like Powerpoint) and have just gone crazy using it for my lessons. It's so user-friendly, or shall I say JENNIE user friendly! Orchestra keeps me busy, and of course I still really enjoy that! We're doing Passion Play again this year, so that's what we're working towards now.

No other earth shattering (or close to earth shaking) news or events. We're just enjoying life! Gas prices are AWFUL ($3.29/gallon I think I paid a few days ago).

I hope everything is going well with anyone who still checks this blog LOL!

No comments: