Monday, March 21, 2011

Back to school

Today was back to school for the girls and I, and we all came through relatively unscathed!  Unless you count the crabbiness soon before bedtime!  I'm not going to.

Was a good day, got to 84 degrees, WOW!  I'm sort of glad they covered my classroom window with paper (long story, let's leave it at that) because then I didn't have to keep seeing outside and longing to be out there!  Give me another month when it's hot and I won't be longing LOL.

I keep knocking things off my "to do list":

-updated my school website, WITH videos of songs for program and choir kids to practice with.
-took another 2 webnar professional developement courses (2.5 hours worth)
-finalized the script and class assignments for the new 1st Grade Music program
-cooked a REAL dinner (chicken breasts/cream of chicken soup in the crockpot)
-laundry (a never-ending task)
-finished some things for Little League
-probably more I can't recall

Libbi mercifully has easy spelling words this week, she aced my Monday night pretest I give her each week!  This is in stark contrast to the norm!  Her reading story also went smoothly, and we even discussed it a bit to be sure she understands the concepts.  Tomorrow I'll focus on vocabulary, but that didn't seem to rough this week either.  After the crazy, tough, loads of homework weeks she had before spring break, this seems to be a welcome break!  I'm continually impressed with how far her reading skills have come, and she really gets into character while reading the stories, voice inflection, and all.  perhaps we've got us a public speaker????

Abbi decided to complete her mathathon booklet for extra credit, not that she needs it, but she wanted to.  She's so self motivated with her work!   We should be getting her APEX (Gifted Program) packet this week for permissions for the district to further test her for acceptance.  This process of testing, school decisions to include her in the program, parent meetings all must take place within 40 days of us returning the signed agreement to school.  Let's get this going!

Baseball season is in full swing now, Dave was at the fields all evening for coaches meetings.  Tomorrow night both girls have practice.  It's going to be a busy week, but it should be a great week!

Hugs and Smiles!

No comments: