Monday, March 28, 2011

EXCITED!!!!

My Principal has recommended me for TENURE, WHOO HOO!  I knew it would happen, but the official piece of paper that states it makes it official.  For the first time ever, I will be a tenured teacher!  I've not stayed in one place long enough to gain that before, either teaching for private schools that don't worry about such a thing, or because I changed jobs every few years when "something better would come", or whatever.  I absolutely LOVE teaching elementary.  It affords me a job I love and also time with my own family.  The best of both worlds :)  I'm not sure if I'll change my tune in the future, but for now this is what I want.

Once I get that official letter from the district that they've accepted my rec. for tenure, THAT will be a celebration day!

I also learned something interesting and exciting today, I'm slated to flip flop my # of days at my current schools for next year.  This is great because eventually I wish to be full-time at the girl's school and not have to go to two schools in a week (not that it's bad, but who wouldn't want a 5 minute commute to work in a great place to work??).

I don't want to get into too many details, because I don't think I'm officially supposed to know this yet.  My one principal is sad to lose me for a day, but she'll work with me to still keep my choir classes.  Anyways, I expect a letter coming at some point soon, as is the norm for itinerant teachers.  They do the assignments early spring and mail them out.



No comments: