It was our donut day at church for our group, and you could sure tell it was spring break! Only about half the donuts were eaten, we took over 10 dozen to the fire station guys up the street. There was absolutely no way we were bringing them home! It is always so hard to tell how much to order for this time every year, some years we get slammed since the kids are off PRE, but then like this year......barely anyone! Masses were super light, so either a lot of people forgot to change their clocks or a lot were out of town for the week off school.
I signed Abbi up to be a stage child performer in the PRODIGAL (actually the Passion Play, it's been renamed). I'd hoped Libbi would be able to as well, but she's not ready. It's a serious part to play, and I don't think she would be able to take it serious and handle the standing around quietly parts very well. It's just not her character, even though she did want to do it. The biggest factor was the dress rehearsals and performances are right during TCAP testing at school, and seeing that it's her first year to test and she is the kid who MUST be in bed soon after 8 pm, the schedule just doesn't jive with her. I can't fathom keeping her at church until after 10 pm for a week and a half (each night), and send her to school to test already down so many hours of sleep. Abbi, no the other hand, can handle this. It's just amazing how totally opposite these girls are :) Libbi is fine with the decision, though she did want to be able to participate. She will get to go to 1 or 2 performances to watch, so she'd good with that!
I did have orchestra rehearsal this evening, but being able to come home and NOT have to worry about getting things in order for the work/school week has been nice. I'm just working on laundry and having me some computer time before I get a hot soak in my big tub! Dave's been watching Star Wars movies all evening, so we're pretty relaxed!
On that note, I am going to shut down for now. I need to update the picture here LOL, that one is almost 3 years old!
No comments:
Post a Comment