Friday, March 18, 2011

AWESOME DAY!

Today was a great day! I took the girls to Shelby Farms Park, along with Jen and her kids. We knew the kids needed to go somewhere new and we needed some time away from home and everyday life. We spent 4 hours in the park. We'd planned for today the entire week, as it was spring break. The week started off with chilly and rainy weather, but today it was 80 and sunny with a nice breeze. Beautiful can barely describe how perfect the weather was. I'd like to place an order for this to be our everyday summer weather LOL.

We found a nice place by a lake and playground with lots of open space for the kids to run and have fun in. We ate lunch first, though as it's Lent AND Friday, we had to have PBJ sandwiches LOL. Then we took the kids down to the playground by the lake, and they all had such a great time swinging, sliding, laughing. It was so nice! The lake we were at had a few Mallard ducks and some Canadian Geese. Libbi tried talking to the geese by quietly "honking" and "squawking", and it was funny watching the geese look at her. I wished we'd have taken some bread, though I'm sure they don't hurt for food! I was able to get some great pictures of the girls with my cell phone! After watching the waterfowl for a bit, we walked back up to our blankets for a snack and some relaxing time. The kids went back down to the playground and Jen and I just sat and talked. Once the kids decided it was restroom time, we packed the van and had an adventure trying to use the map/find a restroom....but we did. After some ice cream, we were so close to the horse barn that we decided to stop and let the kids pet the horses. They had a blast, and these horses just loved attention (and handfuls of grass!). This fall, Libbi will finally be old enough to go no a trail ride there, she wants to for her birthday!

From there we headed to church to work the fish fry. It was there I noticed my sunburnt arms. It's not bad, but guess my white/pasty winter arms weren't ready for a few hours outdoors in the sun. The girls had sunscreen, I just forgot to do myself.

Once we got home at 8:30, the girls got showers and fell in bed asleep DEAD tired LOL. That was no surprise!

It really was a nice day. I'd forgotten what a day of fresh air and no stress can do for you. I needed it after a particularly rough evening last night. Then it was so nice to see many of my church friends at the fish fry. I had 3 people tell me my hair looked great....did I get it cut shorter or what did I do to it??? LOL, thing is, no it's not shorter and the only thing I'm doing differently is not straightening it with the flat iron. That's been saving me tons of time when getting ready in the morning. Of course as it gets warmer and more humid, I may have to revert back to the flat iron, but for now I'll go without and LOVE it.

Well, the day starts early tomorrow with baseball for Libbi at 8 am. Then I've got to try and find Abbi some boots for next weekend. Dave is busy all day with the Knights Exemplefication.

I tried to email myself some pictures from today of the girls to put in this post, but my phone didn't cooperate in sending them to my email :( I'll have to find another way.

48 more hours to our spring break.

No comments: