Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Baseball Practice and sad Libbi

BUSY day today.....work, went right from school to the dance studio for Libbi's dance class, then helped Abbi finish homework, then headed to baseball fields for Libbi's practice, then stayed through for most of Abbi's practice.  I needed to get Libbi home to get to bed at a semi decent hour....we aim for 8 pm, or else she is crabby the next day, etc.

We arrived home around 8 pm, with a shower and a computer homework session she still needed to do.  WHEW!

Perfect type of weather to be at the ballfields, mid 70s and partly cloudy.  There was a breeze, but not bothersome.

It's fun to meet the new baseball Moms on each team, and see the new kids.  Each of their teams is roughly half returning/half new.  Both teams are already looking very good and have some great new players!  I'm anxious for the games to start!  Not until after April 9 though, so I've got a few weeks left.

I got a call during Libbi's practice that she will not be able to ride horses this weekend on the girl scout camping trip.  The other girls will all be leaving by 8 am to go camping for the night, they'll ride too.  BUT, the rides are scheduled for soon after they arrive at the camp, they were the only times the ranch would give the troop.  They'd been promised to have a time available Sunday morning for the few girls that can't make it Sat morning, but that did not work out.  Libbi has her First Reconciliation Saturday morning, hence why she can't go up until a little later.  By the time she gets there, riding will be over.  She cried and cried when I told her.  She wasn't mad at me, which helped because she let me hold her while she cried.  I was so sad for her, I know she'd had her heart set on this horseback riding for months!

Onto some other good things!  Libbi scored perfect on her last vocab test, the subject that's been giving her grief the past several weeks.  She also fared nicely on some other tests.

Well, I'm heading to bed.  Besides work and children's activities I'm busy with my own things.  I'll try to get some baseball practice pictures later this week.

No comments: