Sunday, March 20, 2011

Last day of freedom

While I feel a SAD FACE, I am happy knowing we are 3/4 of the way through the school year!  Nine more weeks until summer break!  That actually sounds really nice!

Orchestra met this morning to play in the service, and I came right home to rescue the girls (Dave is in Jackson at a Little League meeting).  They're now off playing with friends and I'm spending today updating my work website and doing a bunch of online professional development (watching/listening to webnars).

I have to renew my teaching license in 2013, so I am loading up on hours now as to not have to rush and push to get them in later.  These are very easy to follow and full of helpful information.  I've got about 60 hours of work done, ned 30 more. Actually, I already have a lot more than those 30 hours...when I taught in the city school district my hours were not officially logged.  I'm not worried.  Even if I get those accounted for I'll still have more than what I need!  Playing it safe in case something comes up on my renewal application.

It's beautiful outside!  84 degrees is the high for today, ironic for the last day of winter/first day of spring.  My washer/dryer/dishwasher are all running, and the windows are open.  I may be inside doing all these things, BUT I am still enjoying the wonderful weather while getting a lot done at the same time!  Of course I just figured out the current webnar I am viewing has been named incorrectly in our district catalogue!  It was marked for Elementary but is actually for Secondary.  I thought it might be after seeing some classroom examples were HS on the 3rd segment.  Well, I'll go ahead and watch the rest anyways, can't hurt.

I've got my grocery list mostly done and have mentally prepared my lesson for this week at work.  Earlier today it seemed I'd be a fairly busy person tonight, but not now :)

Only one other "work thing" to accomplish in the next 24 hours, and that's to finish my evaluation paperwork and set up my final meeting to go over everything and finish up.  All my actual observations have been completed, and went very well!  Considering it's my year to gain tenure, that's a relief!  I am really enjoying work this year!  It's comforting to be at my one school for three years now, there's a level of knowing the students and school so well that is nice!  My second school may be new for me this year, but not the principal and the way things go.  The only thing is I don't know the kids as well as the other school, but that will come.  I'm not sure what will come of my schedule for next year, if I'll be in the same two schools (I sure hope so!), or what.  I've not heard if either school expects to experience growth to the point where my schedule would need to be changed.  I don't wish to loose my "new school" (where my girls attend) or be assigned at my "old school" for too many days to still be at both and then be assigned a new second school.  It's a wait and see game.

On a completely different note, Abbi was awake until well after midnight.  She come downstairs right as I was getting ready to go to bed, she'd lost her 13th tooth!  A 3rd molar on the same side LOL.  She was having trouble falling asleep and asked to sleep downstairs....so I said yes.  It took her about 45 minutes to fall asleep, so the tooth fairy could pay a visit.  I'm glad I had started getting into a movie that was on a Christian station!  I think I finally got in bed about 1:15 am!  Considering my alarm was set for 7:30 am for orchestra EEK!!!  I must have slept well though, and if anything I should be nice and ready for bed early tonight!

Today has been rambling...I suppose I'm just getting my act back together mentally since we have to get back in our routine this evening.

No comments: