My Jazz Band had their concert this evening. I have to admit, it went really well! The kids all did a great job and I was really proud of them. I have to say it was actually fun too! A lot of parents showed up, which is great considering this is the first time (and last) that I decided to do the Jazz Band at their own concert instead of tagged on with the regular band. I thought it would be nicer for them to get to play a full concert instead of just a few pieces. They loved the idea!
The concert went great! It was laid back, and we all had a good time. No big, huge errors, which is always a good thing!
:)
Next Monday is the regular band concert.
I am very happy that I will be coming home right after work tomorrow and get to spend the evening with my family. Been a busy few weeks for all of us! The girls have an extra ballet class tomorrow in preparation for their recital on the 17th. The girls were asleep before I got home this evening, and Dave is at a meeting for the Knight's. I am trying to catch up on laundry (it just won't happen for a few days, I know this for a fact) and will very soon take me a bath. I just learned it is teacher appreciation week, and I was supposed to send in things each day this week for Abbi's teachers........sigh. I am a bad mommy, I forgot to look at the PTA packet where it was all listed. Well, tomorrow is flowers day, when Dave calls to tell me he is on his way home, I will have him stop and get some flowers. I started getting a hunch when I got back to work today and realized in my staff memos that we were being fed lunch each day this week because of teacher appreciation week....OOPS! At least my kid went to school with "silly socks"...each day has a clothing theme this week. BUT, I found the list of teacher things for each day and I will get on it!
Yes, it is time for me to slip back into mommy mode...I was in performer and teacher mode for a few weeks and now I can finally focus on the Mom thing too! I am hoping to have a little me time sometime this week too, my hair is in desperate need of being a cut and colored!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment