Wednesday, May 7, 2008

hump day

It's the middle of the week. This time of year that is significant. Over halfway through the week. Why is it that the earlier you go to sleep the more tired you are the next day? By 3 pm, I am ready to fall asleep while standing. I'd typically been awake until midnight, then up around 6 am for work. I now am in bed by 11:15 pm and I fall right asleep and sleep very soundly. This is probably one of those things that there is no explanation for. My students feel the same way, so it must just be the time of year.

9 more teaching days and then 3 days of exams, and 1 or 2 days work days....not bad at all! This week has flown by so far.

Still no resolve to my work issues. I've spoken to a few people at the Board of Education, but cannot get the one person I need to speak with to return my calls. Several messages, faxes and so forth have been left for her. This irritates me. I contacted my supervisor again to help.

Libbi apparently had a bad morning at school. Dave got a call from the daycare that she had hit 3 kids, and it was before 10 am! They isolated her and when they gave her the phone to talk to Dave, she was listening to them but not talking to Dave. I wonder what is up with her? She is either VERY good or bad. When she gets home I will be talking to her and she also has lost privileges.

Abbi has had a good week. It's been teacher appreciation week and then fun days leading up to the relay for life this weekend. We donated to the fund in memory of my mother to the teacher's team.

Well, I need to get dinner going then off to orchestra. I hope to have some sort of news soon about my job status!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How does Libbi act at home. Is she erratic at well? What about her attention span. Use the Kiss Principle.. KEEP IT SIMPLE and direct. Make sure you are totally consistant with parenting so she will realize she can't push limits and ask school to do the same?

Hope this helps.. just my thoughts.

Nonnie